Milk tree frog with a Redfoot tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
Wondering if anyone knows anything about milk tree frogs and if they or anyother type of frog/toad would be compatible with a REdfoot Tortoise. I have these little bugs that I just can't seem to get on top off and thought a frog/toad would be a good companion to help keep the bugs to a minimum.

I figured a milk frog is from the same area and did not see anything on them being toxic like many of the toads.

Thank you in advance for your comments!

LindaF

5 Year Member
I am no expect but I guess it would depend on how active your RF is, his drive to catch live prey, and the ability of the frog to keep away. My guy goes after anything that moves. I had tried to have our hermit crab with him once but he was trying to eat it and biting to get it out of his shell. (He even seemed to know to flip the poor crab over and go after him at his shell opening) When he is outside he is forever going after his own worms and was after a little garter snake once.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
When Pio was outside for the Summer, I saw her go after a small toad. The toad went through a hole in the side of her garden, but I think if she had caught it, he would have been dinner for Pio. She also ate a little tad pole that was in her pond. She eats slugs, snails, worms and anything that moves when she's outside.

Jessicap

5 Year Member
Wisconsin
My redfoot is VERY mellow. Him and one of the hermit crabs appear to be friends. They eat together, sit in the hide together. I thought he may try to go after him when the crab came over to eat by him but he just looked and ignored, and the crab was right next to him.

He is not very active though. He SLEEPS all day but I have looked in on him at different times during the night and find him out at that time. But usually just sitting there looking around.

I will have a 4 x 8 enclosure with branches, plants etc.. but I guess I would feel REALLY bad if he ate the poor thing. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.