mike pingleton book

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintybum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Grimsby, Lincolnshire, UK
i was thinking of forking out the whopping £35 for the beginners guide to redfoots book by mike pingleton, does anyone have it and is it worth buying?

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
RE: mike pinkerton book

I'm not sure. Honestly, I've been lucky enough to find out just about everything I've needed to know about my torts right here on the forum. **Bonus**--It's free!! :)

mintybum

10 Year Member!

i do agree this forum is fabbo but theres something i love about books, i dont absorb the info as well on a screen

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York

I completely understand. I'm quite fond of books myself. What the heck... go out & get the book! Splurge on yourself and your tort!! :):)

mintybum said:
i do agree this forum is fabbo but theres something i love about books, i dont absorb the info as well on a screen

mintybum

10 Year Member!

AnthonyC said:
I completely understand. I'm quite fond of books myself. What the heck... go out & get the book! Splurge on yourself and your tort!! :):)

mintybum said:

:D my husband says i splurge to much lol ;)

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York

Haha! Okay so the trick here is to make him think that it's for HIM too! Tell him you bought it for HIM! "Oh look dear. I bought you a book just because I love you!" :D:D

mintybum said:
AnthonyC said:

mintybum said:

:D my husband says i splurge to much lol ;)

mintybum

10 Year Member!

i was about to say you but be a woman but with a name like Anthony..
anyway im way ahead of you and ive already emailed him saying it would help us with info etc etc, he's in Norway at the mo so I could just bung it on the shelf and say we've had it years lol.
oh but i'm giving all our secrets away ,..

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York

Haha! Oh Lord no! Definitely not a woman! HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is a good idea! Please, you're not giving any secrets away! Besides this is exactly what we do to you ladies! ;)

mintybum said:
i was about to say you but be a woman but with a name like Anthony..
anyway im way ahead of you and ive already emailed him saying it would help us with info etc etc, he's in Norway at the mo so I could just bung it on the shelf and say we've had it years lol.
oh but i'm giving all our secrets away ,..

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada

Its really good-you won't regret buying it. The best Red Foot resource I have!!!

Tortoise said:
Its really good-you won't regret buying it. The best Red Foot resource I have!!!

Oh and its Mike pingleton

LindaF

5 Year Member
I have the book and have found it very interesting and helpful. I don't regret buying it. I found mine at a reptile expo.

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I have it and consider it to be a valuable asset. I also like actually having a book in my hand but there are many equally useful sources online. The site, tortoiselibrary.com is another very well researched place to find practical and interesting information about red-foots.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I love MIke's book, and I think it's great, especially for a new RF owner. He has some wonderful pictures and there's a picture of an Amelanistic Redfoot that looks a lot like Jeff's (JD). I love his chapter on "moisture". Excellent book IMO.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
If you want to focus on cares, Mike's book is wonderful! If you want to read more about the natural history and cultural stuff, etc., consider Vinke and Vetter's "South American Tortoises" instead- another great book and not much overlap between the two.

Oh, and Mike is a forum member, albeit one who does not post often. At all.

If you order it from his website, he will autograph them for you! In fact, if you include a short note, he makes the signature personal to you. Nice guy! (Actually, if you got it from him with 1st class international shipping, it would only be 23.22 UK Pounds or $36.95US.) http://www.pingleton.com/redfoot/redfoots.htm[hr]
cdmay said:
I have it and consider it to be a valuable asset. I also like actually having a book in my hand but there are many equally useful sources online. The site, tortoiselibrary.com is another very well researched place to find practical and interesting information about red-foots.

*blush*

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Definitely get the book. I have bought every piece of lliterature on tortoises I could get my hands on, even on tortoises I dont own. The Redfoot Manual is a great informative book. It was given to me as a christmas gift so I lucked out on the price part. There are great things about how to care for the tortoise from hatchling to adult and everything in between.

Another great read is Redfoots and Yellowfoots by Amanda Ebenhack. This book is cheeper and just as informative on these tortoises. The two books give different ideas on the enclosures and tips and things like that. Having both has allowed me to combine ideas and make it better (in my opinion).

Have fun reading!! :D

mintybum

10 Year Member!
Status
Not open for further replies.