Michigan Leopard Tortoises

Peabody123

Location (City and/or State)
Escanaba, michigan
Need Rehoming area of the forum....Have three leopard tortoises in Michigan - Happy, Healthy and fun to watch - just can't give them the space they need. I posted last August, but realized we weren't ready to part with them - they have grown about 4 inches each since that posting. Realize to go to a good home they would likely need to travel to warmer state - I searched for Tortoise Sanctuaries and am not having much luck. Any info out there would sure be appreciated!

Thank you

Karen

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They dont need to be in a warmer state to have a good home. I have three in the city of Chicago that are doing great!
They just need the proper size yard, outside and inside enclosure and diet.
It's more expensive in the colder states, but it for sure can be done.
Good luck and don't count out the northerners.

Peabody123

Escanaba, michigan
Thank you - No clue what it would cost - but I can look into it. Wish their was a place a bit closer.....They belonged to our son who passed away last year - we have his great dane and tortoises .... We weren't ready to give them up last year - but now we are ready....Lots of work and they need lots of space. I appreciate the offer and if you provide address I will check on cost to ship. Thanks

• Sad
Reactions: Ink

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
Thank you - No clue what it would cost - but I can look into it. Wish their was a place a bit closer.....They belonged to our son who passed away last year - we have his great dane and tortoises .... We weren't ready to give them up last year - but now we are ready....Lots of work and they need lots of space. I appreciate the offer and if you provide address I will check on cost to ship. Thanks
I sent you a message. Thanks.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Just to let you know that it is so very sad you lost your son. Know that taking care of his animals was taking care of him & his wishes after he passed. Thank you for taking care of his animals & God bless.

Reactions: Ink

Thel

Az
Sorry for your loss..I'm in Arizona would love to give them a forever home...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just for your information: The person taking in the tortoises pays for shipping.

Lexslovescats

Minneapolis, Minnesota
I am so sorry to hear about your son, may they rest in peace. I live in Minnesota and know the struggles of trying to house leos, especially in the winter months. I have owned them for 5 years and although it never gets easier I wouldn't have it any other way. I am not in the market for another leo but I just came here to say my condolences to your family and I hope you find his leos a good home! Good luck!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Although I do not have the space to take any of the tortoises, I just wanted to send you my condolences on the loss of your son. I think you’re doing a beautiful and loving thing.

john passi

IL
sorry for your loss, please let me know if i can help in a suburb of Chicago I have 2 adult leopards in a good size yard out side most of the spring and summer and the start of fall the yard has held as many 20 leopards in the past. The colder months have custom made in-closers that fill the basement

Peabody123

Escanaba, michigan
sorry for your loss, please let me know if i can help in a suburb of Chicago I have 2 adult leopards in a good size yard out side most of the spring and summer and the start of fall the yard has held as many 20 leopards in the past. The colder months have custom made in-closers that fill the basement
Thanks so much. Rehoming to member on this site