Mercy went missing. sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewsLife727

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/laf/4002646124.html

Mercy went missing. My Dad was doing some yard work in the back and he decided to take Mercy out of her enclosure. After he was done he forgot to put her back and the fence was not completely shut. This was not good news for me when I came back from work after a long day of teaching Jr. High students. Hopefully she is found! Keep me in your prayers tonight. Im placing flyers on all my neighbors doors tonight, placed an ad on Craigslist, and will contact the local Turtle and Tortoise Society.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Oh no. They are so fast. Be sure to look everywhere at home. Maybe a possible burrow under a shed? That happened to a friend's. They found their sulcata had dug a burrow under their shed from the back. Found! Hopeful wishes that you find baby Mercy! Soon.

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Praying!!!

Sandy in Oregon

No kids, no husband, just critters and I'm happy.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Did you scour the entire yard inside? Sometimes the tort is actually not outside and lost but possibly within the yard---especially if they are really set in their daily routine...

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Ugh. I hate when this sort of thing happens. Best of luck. I hope you find her basking in the sun tomorrow morning.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Also..when you do find her, since others go in and out the gate in the area she lives in...I would place a secure gate board across the gate opening so in the event if the gate is accidentally left open she will not have access to the gate opening...

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
keep hope, i was just reading a thread and the tortoise was gone for a while and someone returned it unharmed and still healthy.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I am sorry this happened!! You are in my thoughts and I hope you find her soon!
Big hugs to you......I am sure you need some hugs!!

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Heck Drew .... sorry to hear about that. Another idea while she is probably near by ... go gather up all the little rug rats in your hood ..and offer them a reward in finding her....young kids at heart do not have the let downs or expectations we all seem to develop as adults and don't give up easy.... I myself have done this and found my tort. ( although at the time was hard to miss a 150 pound sullie') I wish I was down there at home.... I would come over and help you look ............All day if need be! .. I will be pushing good vibes your way and hope you find her soon . Keep the faith bro
JD~:)

Now...on the other hand....I think Dad should replace it for you with a hypo! ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And knock on all your neighbor's doors. Chances are pretty good that one of your neighbors has picked it up. I don't understand why people say, "Oh, here's a lost dog, let's try to find it's owner." and yet when they see a tortoise they say, "Oh, here's a tortoise. Let's put him in the back yard."

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So sorry to here this. I really hope she's just hiding under a bush. I bet she took cover and will come out soon. Keep us posted.

If you use Mazuri maybe putting a nice pile in the yard it will lure her out. Mine smell the stuff a mile away and go crazy.

ILoveTortoises2

5 Year Member
Mansfield, Ma
I do hope you find your tortoise. I'm thinking he just might be hiding maybe in your backyard or even a neighbors yard. Good luck and keep us posted...

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Any sign of her? She's been in my prayers.

Sandy in Oregon

No kids, no husband, just critters and I'm happy.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Hey drew, put a copy of your CL ad in the pet section a well. People my look there too.

Good ideas given about putting Mazuri out and hiring neighbor kids to find her.. Keep us posted!

Sent from my TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.