MEP Aretha

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Truly a gorgeous girl, Jamie. What's her personality like now that she's grown up a little more?
She's an explorer. She loves taking a bath. She cleans her plate everyday. She hisses at me (the only one of my tortoises to do so) despite knowing me quite well.

J

Jan A

Boulder, CO
She's an explorer. She loves taking a bath. She cleans her plate everyday. She hisses at me (the only one of my tortoises to do so) despite knowing me quite well.

J
That's the way of girls...hostile until they need something...

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
Aretha got outside today, thanks to cooler temps and the rain... her enclosure's overgrown but she loves the rain and seemed to have fun anyway.

j

Attachments

• PXL_20210702_122556263~2.jpg
    PXL_20210702_122556263~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I was amazed just now to hear a noise from her enclosure, look over, and see her shoving the waterbowl out of the way so she could snack on the earthworms living beneath it.

I have worms and pillbugs in all of my enclosures as cleanup crew, but this is the first time I've seen one of my tortoises hunting/farming for them.

Jamie

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I was amazed just now to hear a noise from her enclosure, look over, and see her shoving the waterbowl out of the way so she could snack on the earthworms living beneath it.

I have worms and pillbugs in all of my enclosures as cleanup crew, but this is the first time I've seen one of my tortoises hunting/farming for them.

Jamie
[/QUOTE
LUV your torts. Can never luv worms.

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
as of 7/30, her weight is 2482g, length 24.0cm
on 6/9 her weight was 1840g, length 22.5