MEP hatchling, Aretha

jsheffield

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Truly a gorgeous girl, Jamie. What's her personality like now that she's grown up a little more?
She's an explorer. She loves taking a bath. She cleans her plate everyday. She hisses at me (the only one of my tortoises to do so) despite knowing me quite well.

J

Jan A

Boulder, CO
She's an explorer. She loves taking a bath. She cleans her plate everyday. She hisses at me (the only one of my tortoises to do so) despite knowing me quite well.

J
That's the way of girls...hostile until they need something...

jsheffield

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Westmoreland, NH
PXL_20210421_190039635.PORTRAIT~3.jpg

I'm in the process of renovating Aretha's enclosure, and she seems to like what I've done so far, but keeps following me around, maybe hoping for more watermelon (a rare treat all of the torts got this morning).

PXL_20210421_190406228~3.jpg

Jamie

jsheffield

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Westmoreland, NH
Aretha got outside today, thanks to cooler temps and the rain... her enclosure's overgrown but she loves the rain and seemed to have fun anyway.

j

Attachments

• PXL_20210702_122556263~2.jpg
    PXL_20210702_122556263~2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5

jsheffield

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Westmoreland, NH
I was amazed just now to hear a noise from her enclosure, look over, and see her shoving the waterbowl out of the way so she could snack on the earthworms living beneath it.

I have worms and pillbugs in all of my enclosures as cleanup crew, but this is the first time I've seen one of my tortoises hunting/farming for them.

Jamie

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I was amazed just now to hear a noise from her enclosure, look over, and see her shoving the waterbowl out of the way so she could snack on the earthworms living beneath it.

I have worms and pillbugs in all of my enclosures as cleanup crew, but this is the first time I've seen one of my tortoises hunting/farming for them.

Jamie
[/QUOTE
LUV your torts. Can never luv worms.

jsheffield

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Westmoreland, NH
as of 7/30, her weight is 2482g, length 24.0cm
on 6/9 her weight was 1840g, length 22.5