Member in need of your thoughts and prayers..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Some of our older members will remember Marta/Marty. She had Chewy the sulcata that died.. and she got a redfoot, she is a model and is a sweet young girl. Her mother has just been diagnosed with a illness. Her words on Facebook:
Yesterday my mom was diagnosed with CJD (human form of mad cow disease). There is no cure or treatment and the only outcome is usually fatal. God does make miracles happen and I hope my mom can be one of those miracles. Only 200 people in America have ever been diagnosed with CJD. My family could use all the prayers we can get.

Since she went public with it there, I thought it would be ok to post here to ger her extra support. She was quite an active member for a while...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt–Jakob_disease

info on the illness.

MarcaineArt

5 Year Member
I'll put them in my thoughts. I'm not a prayer in the traditional sense but believe that putting good thoughts into the universe can't hurt anyone.

hlester22

5 Year Member
Kentucky
How awful. My uncle was one of those 200. He died from it. I don't know her but my prayers are with her.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Oh, that's awful!! She is seemly such a sweet kid to have this thrown at her. I wondered where she left to.
My postivie energy is also being sent her way. Sometimes these things are not always what they seem to be.
Poor kid.
Nay

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Very sad to be without your mom at such a young age......well, sad at any age. Please tell her that we are all thinking of her and sending good thoughts their way. Prayers from me.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
MarcaineArt said:
I'll put them in my thoughts. I'm not a prayer in the traditional sense but believe that putting good thoughts into the universe can't hurt anyone.

Ditto, I do not pray as I am an atheist, but i am not a radical one. I will however keep them deeply in my thoughts. Please, if you can, let her know we are thinking of her and her family.

M

Maggie Cummings

I do remember her, tell her I will pray for her Mom, and say "hi" too...:)

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Yes i remember her, so so sad to hear.
She will be in my thoughts and prayers...

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Very sad. I saw it on F/B too and have been praying for her family She is only 16 or 17. That is very young to have a mother so ill. One of my husband distant cousins died of it about a year ago. It is such a scary disease. Do you get it from eatting a sick cow? Or not cooking it right?
Marty was very active on TFO when she was being home schooled, but when she went back to school and started modeling she quit posting much.
Thank you Laura for the prayer reminder. I tend to forget to continue praying for people I don't know after a few days.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
As I have vented my illness's and troubles on here and have had SOOO much support from some great members, I totally want her to know my thoughts are with them both!! I hope all will turn out good for her and her mother.

*Barracuda_50*

5 Year Member
Harrietta, MI
Sending my thoughts and prayers to this family along with BIG HUGS! I know all to well how hard it is to struggle with a loved ones illness i go thru it everyday with my daughter. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.