Megatron Photo Album

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Indonesia
Hi everyone, just want to share updates of my aldabra, Megatron, here too :D

First picture after I adopted him on 31 July 2012. Picture taken on 12 August 2012.
20120812_093513.jpg

Picture of his enclosure after first adopted.
SemiOutDoor2.jpg

After soaking picture with Bumbleebee, a marginated tort, taken 31 August 2012
20120901_135734.jpg

After soaked picture with Big Bertha. Well she is not with me any more, I gave him to my friend
20120901_140219.jpg

Picture of Megatron and his troops. The Radiata adopted 7 September 2012, replacing RF and I also call him Big Bertha. Picture taken 8 September 2012.
Kwartet.jpg

Pictures taken this morning, eating pumpkin :D
Pumpkin1_zps7312a9b4.jpg

Pumpkin2_zps42862b0d.jpg

Pictures taken this afternoon, hay snack time :p
Hay1_zps4653e234.jpg

Hay2_zpsea4e70c6.jpg

1 hour ago picture, grass with mazuri :tort:
GrassMazuri_zpsee4b41c5.jpg

As if now, he is 12 cm, added 0.5 cm from first adopted size. Unfortunately I don't have any scale to weigh him :D

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Beautiful tortoises!!!
Except I don't think it's a good idea to house different tortoise species together.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very nice torts. One thing I might have noticed though. Might just be the angle of the camera, but I notice it looks like the Aldabra is more pyramided looking in the later pics then from the first pics. Keep an eye on that. He looks pretty smooth in the first pics, you don't want him to pyramid if you can help it. Aldabramans don't pyramid because of the high humidity in Florida where he lives and also much natural grazing. Some of us can't do as much natural grazing as others, but we all can do the humidity. Just a heads up. Otherwise great looking.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Team Gomberg said:
im curious to know more about that tort room?
It's outdoors.

To Yellow Turtle, if I remember correctly from the first post, you live where it's very humid. Am I correct? If I am then the pyramiding I see, must just be the pic and my iPad. :)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
wellington said:
Team Gomberg said:
It's outdoors.

To Yellow Turtle, if I remember correctly from the first post, you live where it's very humid. Am I correct? If I am then the pyramiding I see, must just be the pic and my iPad. :)

Wellington, yeah, I'm sure you surely need to upgrade your ipad to samsung galaxy tab <jokes> :rolleyes:

Megatron has slight pyramiding since the day I bought him. Since I watch him everyday, I really don't have the chance to notice if the pyramiding has grown worse or not, I just assume that his newer growth is quite okay. Too bad, I don't have too much photo of him for comparison. But since you've been around with tort much longer than me and should be much more expert, then I will assume I need to pay more attention to him :shy:

Humidity here is around 50 - 70%, but of course you can always check Indonesia country average humidity for more assurance.

Basically I'm trying to have more plants and grass in his enclosure to catch more humidity. But somehow I'm not really successful in growing them. That's why you see in several last photos, the shell is always wet. Spray him a lot, or at least instruct his babysitter to spray him a lot per day, till at least he grows much bigger or I have more plants inside :tort:

So any more things that I can do to improve his pyramiding? Please feel free to share :D

ALDABRAMAN said:
Very nice pictures!

Thank you. I always love to watch your aldabra pictures. Especially now you have new hatchlings, I hope you can keep a few and share their updates with us :)

MichiLove said:
Very cute!!

Thank you. I love to see your torto garden too :D

Robyn@TRR said:
Very cute tortoises : )

Thank you, I hope they grow bigger, especially Megatron :D

mainey34 said:
Nice pics of all the kids...thanks to sharing.

You are welcome. Hope you can share updates of your sulcata as well :D

Biff Malibu said:
Awesome pics. Awesome torts. :)

I would say awesome pics too for your sulcata, but your profile picture is even more awesome. Is that you? :D

Team Gomberg said:

Honestly, I'm even curious to know what my future enclosure will be. Keep adding few things here and there. Last update is new dog house, for more hide :D

Julius25 said:
nice torts family :D

You have very nice torts too and I always love to see your stars' enclosure. It's amazing and cool :)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Install a new toy for Megatron. A chick humidifier set on timer, made in China, quite cheap for USD 50 :D
When checked this morning, able to improve humidity from 60 to 75%. Not perfect but quite okay just in case his babysitter is lazy spraying his shell :p
Humidifier01_zps72795cd0.jpg

Here is Megatron enjoying his cold sauna session. Now only need to add some essential oil for aromatherapy inside the chick water container :)
MegatronChickToy_zpsa26cbd6a.jpg

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Yellow Turtle said:
Install a new toy for Megatron. A chick humidifier set on timer, made in China, quite cheap for USD 50 :D
When checked this morning, able to improve humidity from 60 to 75%. Not perfect but quite okay just in case his babysitter is lazy spraying his shell :p

Here is Megatron enjoying his cold sauna session. Now only need to add some essential oil for aromatherapy inside the chick water container :)

Sweet! Make sure he stays warm though ;)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
tortadise said:
Thats awesome.

TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Yellow Turtle said:

Sweet! Make sure he stays warm though ;)

Noted :D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
That is interesting! Sure seemed to raise the humidity level!

2ch030z.jpg

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
ALDABRAMAN said:
That is interesting! Sure seemed to raise the humidity level!

Won't be even near to like your area humidity, but I'm quite happy at least for now with 10% on average increase :)

Can always install more humidifier in the future, but electrical cost will kill me. Oh and also not really sure of the gadget quality for long term use lol..