Mega Ray UVB Bulb Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
I have an 8.5 inch dome right now...would the bulb stick out of it?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I think the bulb will stick out a little of any dome...the largest domes cover it the most though, because the depth also increases with the diameter.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Darn my bad luck. I am hoping that the bulb fits OK in the 8.5 because I have two of them...one for Nigel, and one for Anouk....If not, I still have the original packaging, and I might just hop on down to the local petsmart and get "store credit" for returns without a receipt. I mean, both lamps are practically brand new(Anouk's has not even been plugged in, its just sitting there looking pretty)...and I would have to order online to get 10inchers...I am comparing prices right now.

Ahhh, the lengths I go to for my pets! I spent over 90$ on the Mega Rays, another TEN today, to have them shipped back on my dime (kate, PM me and I will tell you how I did my return)

And then I dropped another 83$ at Reptile Depot for two Trex bulbs and a vine for the crested Gecko that I am picking up on tuesday.....(not to mention what it cost me to set him up :p) And that was with a coupon for 10% off

My bf would flip if he knew how much I really spent on my hobby...sometimes I fudge it alittle when I tell him prices. (shhhh don't tell on me!)

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
It wont fit in a 8.5, i have a zoomed 10inch it wont fit in, the only one it would fit in is a deep zoomed one, or the one from homedepot i got which is not deep, but its not as shallow as the zoomed ones. Its also a 10inch

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Double Darn. I am giving in now. Silver lamps it is.

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have had good louck with the exo-terra mvbs. Just my 2 cents and they are only 29.99 at lllreptile.com

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I second the good luck experience with the ZooMed PowerSun! I use the 100 and 160 watt bulbs. They are good about warranty replacements should one fail in the first year!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Will the 100w Trex MVB fit into the 10inch clamp lamp I ordered from reptiledepot???? After reading this you got me worried !!!

Millerlite said:
It wont fit in a 8.5, i have a zoomed 10inch it wont fit in, the only one it would fit in is a deep zoomed one, or the one from homedepot i got which is not deep, but its not as shallow as the zoomed ones. Its also a 10inch

If the stuff I ordered isn't right, like if the bulb does not fit the 10inch lamp, Nick will seriously kick my butt !!!!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
No, stace, it should be perfect. I use 10 inch lamps for mine, and they work just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.