Meet "Vo"

Vo Studio

Location (City and/or State)
Planet Earth
After 2 years of searching, I was able to find one aldabra. When he/she first arrived, he was very shy and afraid. 3 month passed and "Vo" is doing a lot better. It eat everything in sight and destroying everything.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

TheSulcata

After 2 years of searching, I was able to find one aldabra. When he/she first arrived, he was very shy and afraid. 3 month passed and "Vo" is doing a lot better. It eat everything in sight and destroying everything.

Sweet! Aldabras are really hard to find! I was originally thinking about getting one but got a sulcata instead. Share pics of his enclosure

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. I sure hope the first part of your vid, showing where Aldabras originate, is not really where yours came from.

SarahChelonoidis

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
The Seychelles allows export of captive breed stock with the right CITES permit - I am surprised importing a single tortoise from the Seychelles would be easier than buying one from a US breeder though.

Welcome to the forum.

Vo Studio

Planet Earth
Yvonne - Thanks, I have been on the forum for awhile but didn't post.

TheSulcata - I have been trying to get one for over 3 years. Every time I saved enough, none are available. I ended up wasting it on other things instead. I don't have a nice enclosure for it yet. I plan to escape proof my property. As of now, it is living in a terrarium for now.

Willington - Sadly mine is an import. I cant find any other reliable seller who are willing to ship; and some have nasty attitude. They need to understand why people ask question especially when they are spending a lot of money on these animal.

SarahChelonoidi - I got one and so do my other brothers; and a friend :) I had one before when I was younger, but I donated it to the zoo because of personal situation.

Vo Studio

Planet Earth
He/She is not that shy anymore. I can start scratching his head. Here is a quick video from a couple days ago.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Very cute. I didn't think they would allow them to be sold from their home land.
The left side of you vid, looks to be a grey like water dish with a built in ramp. If so, you should really change it out for a clay saucer like used under flower pots. Also, that enclosure, if it ends where that water dish is, is way too small. My one year old leopard was raised in a 2x4 enclosure and she was/is no where near the size of yours. A higher humidity will help to keep him growing smooth too.
Good luck

Vo Studio

Planet Earth
Very cute. I didn't think they would allow them to be sold from their home land.
The left side of you vid, looks to be a grey like water dish with a built in ramp. If so, you should really change it out for a clay saucer like used under flower pots. Also, that enclosure, if it ends where that water dish is, is way too small. My one year old leopard was raised in a 2x4 enclosure and she was/is no where near the size of yours. A higher humidity will help to keep him growing smooth too.
Good luck

Thanks!! I am in the process of building and securing my whole property for him and the others. I received him in November 2016 and didn't have a proper winter enclosure.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
What's the others? The other aldabras you brothers and friend got? Or do you have other tortoises too?
Don't forget to post pics of the enclosure you will have for them. We love seeing both torts and enclosures. Always nice to see others ideas