Meet Tom's Sulcatas

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know how I missed this. They are beautiful. I expected your older ones to ,look awful. I remember you saying before that you don't like to show them. Well, I think they are gorgeous. I get that they are pyramided, but still gorgeous. Thank you for sharing. It's always fun and educational reading your threads.:)

Sonja215

5 Year Member
Portsmouth, VA
Thank you Tom for taking the time to share your story! Your posts are always so educational!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
OK Folks! Don't get too carried away over the swimming sulcata phenomenon. This ability dissipates once they get to about 10 pounds or so! Sorry to burst your bubble!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
DeanS said:
OK Folks! Don't get too carried away over the swimming sulcata phenomenon. This ability dissipates once they get to about 10 pounds or so! Sorry to burst your bubble!

Oh you did not just say that! Get ready for a new bigger swimming tortoise pic!!!

"Dasiy. Daisy.... Come here girl."

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If she can still swim...then I'm coming down and providing free labor for the week!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
DeanS said:
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

If she can still swim...then I'm coming down and providing free labor for the week!

No you didn't. Come on Tom. Show us the swimmer, please. Then we want a picture of the hard labor your going to put DeanS through:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
...and no filament wire to give the illusion that she's swimming. As you well know...ALL of my babies are (were) swimmers until they hit 10 pounds...then they 'walk' on the bottom!

tessacat1795

5 Year Member
Love the pics! My fiance thinks the babies in the tubs look like ladybugs. :) He thought they were adorable. He's still ambivalent toward Myrtle, but I think the baby pics helped bring him around some.

Carol S

10 Year Member!
Alta Loma, CA
Beautiful tortoises. Thank you for sharing. I loved seeing the pictures and reading all about them. :)

Urtle

5 Year Member
Tom you are one lucky guy!

I couldn't help but notice that your adults are majority of females is there a reason why? Just curious.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Urtle said:
Tom you are one lucky guy!

I couldn't help but notice that your adults are majority of females is there a reason why? Just curious.

Yes. Because males don't get along with each other, while females usually coexist just fine.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I'm sorry if you don't want to bring this up...but don't you have some ivories as well? or maybe I'm delusional.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Neal said:
I'm sorry if you don't want to bring this up...but don't you have some ivories as well? or maybe I'm delusional.

That didn't work out. They went back to the breeder. Long story.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
This is my super awesome love button... Your torts make me realize how much I would love more but your explanation of how you got a few of them helps me understand why Willie is an only tort child.. We don't have space right now to give more a better home... :<(!

Status
Not open for further replies.