Meet Rachel and Abner

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
My new family members.Picture 018.jpgPicture 017.jpgPicture 004.jpgPicture 008.jpgPicture 011.jpgPicture 013 copy.jpgRachel is the one wearing the red collar, She is the one I ordered several weeks ago from the breeder. I was looking to get just one, but when another was offered at no charge a couple days ago I couldn't say no. Anybody recognize the breed ? The average adult size is 18 pounds

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Rocket looks like he's giving you the evil eye in that picture. Lol, hopefully he will teach his turtle finding super powers to the his new friends!

Sleppo

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
My new family members.View attachment 306769View attachment 306770View attachment 306771View attachment 306772View attachment 306773View attachment 306774Rachel is the one wearing the red collar, She is the one I ordered several weeks ago from the breeder. I was looking to get just one, but when another was offered at no charge a couple days ago I couldn't say no. Anybody recognize the breed ? The average adult size is 18 pounds

Breed starts with an X, I’m not going to even attempt to spell it. They are darling!! Congrats!

Len B

10 Year Member!
American hairless terrier.. beautiful!
Correct, My first dog was a rat terrier. He grew up with me and lived from 1957 until 1974. I've had many dogs over my life but never had another rat terrier. When I saw these I wanted one, ended up with two which is even better. They are a naturally occurring offshoot of the rat terrier.

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Correct, My first dog was a rat terrier. He grew up with me and lived from 1957 until 1974. I've had many dogs over my life but never had another rat terrier. When I saw these I wanted one, ended up with two which is even better. They are a naturally occurring offshoot of the rat terrier.
U can see the rat terrier in them for sure. Congrats man. Gotta love dogs that dont shed... coming from someone who had a golden lol

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Well i had the bullmastiff.. the golden was my exes( was as annoying as her) hahaha

Len B

10 Year Member!
Rocket looks like he's giving you the evil eye in that picture. Lol, hopefully he will teach his turtle finding super powers to the his new friends!
That would be great but I don't expect that to happen. Rocket is something special. He accepted Rachel and Abner from the get go and corrects them when they get acting rowdy near him. I believe he will be playing with in no time at all, he is 12 years old but still likes to play with other dogs After his sister died his best dog friend has been a Boer boll named Bella.Bella and Rocket.jpg

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Wow! You got me on this one! I've never heard of an American Hairless before. They are adorable! Then again, what puppy isn't?

I love the puppy smell!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Rachel and Abner have been here a week and have settled in great. They do a lot of this.Picture 001.jpgPicture 002.jpgAbner learned to set for a treat yesterday, Rachel my wild child did much better today than yesterday. They are both walking on a leash good. I take them on golf cart rides separately and seem to enjoy it. Hope to be able to take all 3 together on the golf cart soon. House breaking is coming along fine, no poop inside today but a few pee puddles The best thing is Rocket has started teaching them some manners and who is the alpha in a gentle way. He is such a good dog. I wanted to get some neem oil to keep mosquitoes off them since they have no fur to help protect them but none to be found locally. Going to have to get it online.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Rachel and Abner have been here a week and have settled in great. They do a lot of this.View attachment 307303View attachment 307304Abner learned to set for a treat yesterday, Rachel my wild child did much better today than yesterday. They are both walking on a leash good. I take them on golf cart rides separately and seem to enjoy it. Hope to be able to take all 3 together on the golf cart soon. House breaking is coming along fine, no poop inside today but a few pee puddles The best thing is Rocket has started teaching them some manners and who is the alpha in a gentle way. He is such a good dog. I wanted to get some neem oil to keep mosquitoes off them since they have no fur to help protect them but none to be found locally. Going to have to get it online.
They are so cute! congrats!
Also watch out for blackheads, sunburn and dry skin. Hairless dogs are extremely prone to those. I groom a lot of cresteds and they all develop blackheads and use special shampoo lol. Also, as a groomer, you might want to get there nails dremeled instead of just clipped when its time so they don't Freddy crouger themselves when itching lol. Just some friendly advice. You have probably thought about all that before getting them lol ?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Rachel and Abner have been here a week and have settled in great. They do a lot of this.View attachment 307303View attachment 307304Abner learned to set for a treat yesterday, Rachel my wild child did much better today than yesterday. They are both walking on a leash good. I take them on golf cart rides separately and seem to enjoy it. Hope to be able to take all 3 together on the golf cart soon. House breaking is coming along fine, no poop inside today but a few pee puddles The best thing is Rocket has started teaching them some manners and who is the alpha in a gentle way. He is such a good dog. I wanted to get some neem oil to keep mosquitoes off them since they have no fur to help protect them but none to be found locally. Going to have to get it online.
Love these lil guys

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
In the winter they will be the absolute best heat pads! Those types of dog generate so much body heat and are usually amazing snugglers! You'll be cozy all winter long! ?