Meet Panzer, the Sulcata Tortoise!

westernstar

Location (City and/or State)
Phoenix, AZ
I've been on the forum for a few months now and thought it to be high time that I introduce my little one. As s/he's so young, I don't know and won't know the gender for a long time, so for the purpose of making life simple in typing, I'm going to use the gender-neutral "he" until I know better.

Meet Panzer! He's appropriately named, as "Panzer" which is not only the word for "shell" in German, it is a shortening of the word "Panzerkampfwagen", which is German for "tank". He is a little tank, as he likes to mow through everything in his way! LOL.

He's about 8 months old and going strong (knock on wood and partially due to the advice I've gotten in this very forum, thanks to all!)

In this photo, he's got a bit of calcium powder stuck on his nose, which was on the food he had been eating earlier. He does not have a coke habit, but I tease that he does when he looks like this! LOLS !

(( Side note: To avoid any misunderstandings, I speak German and am of German-American heritage. "Panzer" is not a trademark name of the WWII tank nor did I not name him after the Panzer Division of the Nazis. As the German language is quite literal -- Panzer = armored/shielded: Kampf = fight: Wagen = vehicle ..... Armored Fight Vehicle / aka Tank! :) ))

45F9804F-BE76-45CE-AC42-B936F9A4877A.jpg

nicoleann2214

NY
I've been on the forum for a few months now and thought it to be high time that I introduce my little one. As s/he's so young, I don't know and won't know the gender for a long time, so for the purpose of making life simple in typing, I'm going to use the gender-neutral "he" until I know better.

Meet Panzer! He's appropriately named, as "Panzer" which is not only the word for "shell" in German, it is a shortening of the word "Panzerkampfwagen", which is German for "tank". He is a little tank, as he likes to mow through everything in his way! LOL.

He's about 8 months old and going strong (knock on wood and partially due to the advice I've gotten in this very forum, thanks to all!)

In this photo, he's got a bit of calcium powder stuck on his nose, which was on the food he had been eating earlier. He does not have a coke habit, but I tease that he does when he looks like this! LOLS !

(( Side note: To avoid any misunderstandings, I speak German and am of German-American heritage. "Panzer" is not a trademark name of the WWII tank nor did I not name him after the Panzer Division of the Nazis. As the German language is quite literal -- Panzer = armored/shielded: Kampf = fight: Wagen = vehicle ..... Armored Fight Vehicle / aka Tank! :) ))

View attachment 292340
What a cutie

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
What a great name! If you show pics of your enclosure. We can give you advice if any changes need to be made.

TortoiseCrazy

NY
Panzer is so adorable and such a cool idea for a name! I did/do the same thing for my animals but, usually in Italian :)

janevicki

10 Year Member!
Near Disneyland

View attachment 292340
Such an adorable face! Love the green lipstick. ?

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina

View attachment 292340
Cute guy!