Meet My New Tortoise!! ?

Location (City and/or State)
Wisconsin
I just wanted to share with you guys I am no longer a tortoise dreamer... I am a tortoise owner! I ended up with a male Russian. Meet Pokey! He is eating his first dandelion in this picture. He is so amazing- has been eating, active, and friendly from day one. Thank you for all your help making me feel prepared enough to get him ?
278F81AD-48BD-4F2D-9B7D-7F4616A18A16.jpeg

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
I just wanted to share with you guys I am no longer a tortoise dreamer... I am a tortoise owner! I ended up with a male Russian. Meet Pokey! He is eating his first dandelion in this picture. He is so amazing- has been eating, active, and friendly from day one. Thank you for all your help making me feel prepared enough to get him ?
View attachment 326133
Congrats on ur new lil buddy!! Good luck

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Where did you find him? Tell us the back story!

I'd get rid of that water bowl. The sides are too tall and too steep. If they aren't comfortable with it, they won't use it. If they are a crazy fearless type of personality, they can easily flip in one of those. A terra cotta saucer sunk into the substrate is much safer and much more appealing to a tortoise. They work well for food too.

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
View attachment 326133
Pokey is so cute! Congratulations on become a tortoise owner. Caring for my tortoise is one of the most rewarding things I have been blessed with in my life. Don’t be surprised if you become attached to him very quickly. They have a way of grabbing ahold of our hearts in an unexplainable way.

Do you know how old Pokey is? I look forward to seeing more pictures of him.