Meet my new baby red foot!

Parasite68

Location (City and/or State)
Metairie
68CE3395-9BA6-4161-BFB4-3BB21996E16D.jpeg Here’s al pic of my new little buddy! I acquired him/her from the reptile show in The New Orleans area this past weekend! Haven’t go a name yet... Not sure if it’s a mister or ms... Are they too you at his age to sex them???

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
View attachment 282665 Here’s al pic of my new little buddy! I acquired him/her from the reptile show in The New Orleans area this past weekend! Haven’t go a name yet... Not sure if it’s a mister or ms... Are they too you at his age to sex them???
Very cool! It will be 3-5 years before you'll be able to tell the sex.

tpence1991

Coppell, TX
IDK if this is true or not, but I've been told that most captive bred tortoises are incubated to be female. I could easily be wrong though

willee638

HK
IDK if this is true or not, but I've been told that most captive bred tortoises are incubated to be female. I could easily be wrong though
If this is true is probably to keep male tortoises from fighting because males are much more aggressive to each other, if they bred too many males it would be difficult to keep in an enclosure by pet shops & risk injured unwanted pets.