Meet my hatchling Burmese Brown!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
Here he is! :D Please leave feedback below. I oredered hima repti fogger. How should i provide prtoien and how much should i feed?

RussianTortoiseCraze123 said:
Here he is! :D Please leave feedback below. I oredered hima repti fogger. How should i provide prtoien and how much should i feed?

Attachments

• DSCN1952.JPG
    DSCN1952.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCN2304.JPG
    DSCN2304.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN2318.JPG
    DSCN2318.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN2328.JPG
    DSCN2328.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 83

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
Congrats. Looks great. Protein is a key factor for these guys when young.

Give a wiggly worm 2 times a week mixed with endive, banana leaf, dark leafy greens, some mushrooms, alocasia, colocasia, pothos, and sweet potatoe. Offer it all and see what he seems to favor then mix it all up and let him eat away. Soak daily, make sure to have a good big hide that is very dark. low UVB levels(these guys do not bask) nice warm even sidtributed temps around 80-88 and very humid. Heavily planted enclosure is always a plus for these buggers too. And try not to handle too much they can stress, just let him settle for a good while. Very easy this young to stress out and start to stop eating. It will take a few years for mountains to warm up to yah. They are very intelligent so dont try and trick him :D

Your photos just came up for me. Well the enclosure one did. Need to Put a lid on the tank to hold humidity. I would also swap the coil bulb for a tube bulb UVB reptiglow 2.0 is best for these guys. And put as many plants in their as you can. Pothos ivy is a great plant to use, it offers large leaf hide for protection as well its an edible plant for these guys as I mentioned above. I would use a heat pad under the tank too for good even heat distribution of the substrate. Really for these guys they need alot of places to hide and high humidity to sustain the level of hydration that is key to keeping them less stressed out.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Congrats. I can't help you, but he's cute, so is the cat.

Thanks! LOL i ddint mean for the cat pic to come in! xD

tortadise said:

Give a wiggly worm 2 times a week mixed with endive, banana leaf, dark leafy greens, some mushrooms, alocasia, colocasia, pothos, and sweet potatoe. Offer it all and see what he seems to favor then mix it all up and let him eat away. Soak daily, make sure to have a good big hide that is very dark. low UVB levels(these guys do not bask) nice warm even sidtributed temps around 80-88 and very humid. Heavily planted enclosure is always a plus for these buggers too. And try not to handle too much they can stress, just let him settle for a good while. Very easy this young to stress out and start to stop eating. It will take a few years for mountains to warm up to yah. They are very intelligent so dont try and trick him :D

Your photos just came up for me. Well the enclosure one did. Need to Put a lid on the tank to hold humidity. I would also swap the coil bulb for a tube bulb UVB reptiglow 2.0 is best for these guys. And put as many plants in their as you can. Pothos ivy is a great plant to use, it offers large leaf hide for protection as well its an edible plant for these guys as I mentioned above. I would use a heat pad under the tank too for good even heat distribution of the substrate. Really for these guys they need alot of places to hide and high humidity to sustain the level of hydration that is key to keeping them less stressed out.

Thank you very much. :D I am planning on buying some plants soon. and putting a lid so humidy doesnt get out. I have heat pad on the side in the middle cause the one on the botten wasnt heating at ALL. i cant find 2.0s anywhere but he seems ok. :D Thanks again!

RussianTortoiseCraze123 said:
wellington said:
Congrats. I can't help you, but he's cute, so is the cat.

Thanks! LOL i ddint mean for the cat pic to come in! xD

tortadise said:

Thank you very much. :D I am planning on buying some plants soon. and putting a lid so humidy doesnt get out. I have heat pad on the side in the middle cause the one on the botten wasnt heating at ALL. i cant find 2.0s anywhere but he seems ok. :D Thanks again!

Would mealworms work?? Dead or alive?

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Congratulations on your new addition... I opened attachment looking for a baby tort, and saw a pretty kitty. Lol... then saw a tort butt..lol s/he is cute....

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
Alive, and I always think it's a good idea to give the mealworms a nutritious meal before you feed them to the baby tort.

RussianTortoiseCraze123

5 Year Member
mainey34 said:
Congratulations on your new addition... I opened attachment looking for a baby tort, and saw a pretty kitty. Lol... then saw a tort butt..lol s/he is cute....

Thanks! LOL so sorry xD Im new.. and the files got mixed up! There is one of him tho xD Sorry again x(

jtrux said:
Alive, and I always think it's a good idea to give the mealworms a nutritious meal before you feed them to the baby tort.

Ok awesome! What should i feed the mealworms? Oats?

Status
Not open for further replies.