Meet Little Foot :)

Skelly

Location (City and/or State)
Kildare, Ireland
I’v had little foot for 2 days now, arrived Wednesday at 9 p.m he was shipped to me and was in a box for 32 hours so when he arrived I gave him a soak for an hour to let rehydrate and adjust temperatures as he was quite cold when he arrived but he was very perky moving around and he even had a poop, I have his lights set for 9 a.m to 9 p.m I had his lights on all that day as I didn’t know what time he’d arrive so his viv was still warm but I let his lights on for an extra hour while he wandered around and then he went to bed, yesterday he pretty much slept for the entire day but he did come out to eat a little bit I gave him some grape vine leaves and cucumber, he had a little bit off the leaves but he ate a good bit of the cucumber he’s seems to really enjoy that , I didn’t give him a soak yesterday as I didn’t want to go dragging him out of his habba hut but he did go into his water dish for a little while, this morning he woke up around 10:30 and was out basking by 11:30, iv changed his water and gave him some rocket, kale and courgette, as soon as I was finished sorting out his viv he went back to his enclosure, as he seems to wake up pretty late I’m wondering should I change his lighting by an hour say 10 till 10 and I’m also just wondering if I should disturb him to give him a soak, iv a few pictures but it’s quite hard to get a good picture as he’s very mobile when he is out and about I hope he is looking okay though, he is microchipped and I have his paper work but all I know from it is that he is a 2019 hatchling is there any way I can find out his exact age ? He’s stolen my heart already he’s just the most precious little thing iv ever seen and I just want to give him the best life he can have any advice or suggestions are appreciated :)

A0492A95-0AB7-4AD8-B136-41851555F9E3.jpeg27C0EC24-57E3-4E51-BD13-15518B8F79BC.jpeg6AD85BF6-8BA4-480A-84E5-8E58283B6F0F.jpegDF4078C7-04D9-4B3E-BB74-022D18F64363.jpeg

lucycdavies

Haverfordwest
I have a tortoise around the same age as yours - she sometimes has phases of sleeping in the day, I researched it and found out that little tortoises can sometimes sleep in the day because in the wild they need to hide from predators. I hope I have helped ?❤

Skelly

Kildare, Ireland
I have a tortoise around the same age as yours - she sometimes has phases of sleeping in the day, I researched it and found out that little tortoises can sometimes sleep in the day because in the wild they need to hide from predictors. I hope I have helped ?❤
That’s great to know thank you, :)