Meet grandpa Joe

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
It kinda looks to me like their growth does not seem to happen as quickly as Sulcata. Yes, I know how big they get, my sister had 2 Bo and So (big one and small one), and it just seem to me that the bigger tort's growth is not as fast as Sulcata. And btw, they look super good

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
It kinda looks to me like their growth does not seem to happen as quickly as Sulcata. Yes, I know how big they get, my sister had 2 Bo and So (big one and small one), and it just seem to me that the bigger tort's growth is not as fast as Sulcata. And btw, they look super good
There growth lines come and go fast once they get dark it’s hard to tell what is new. I think they grow faster then Sulcatas but I done have any evidence I haven’t really been tracking it well. But the growth rate of a well started sulcata is a sight to see for sure

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
There growth lines come and go fast once they get dark it’s hard to tell what is new. I think they grow faster then Sulcatas but I done have any evidence I haven’t really been tracking it well. But the growth rate of a well started sulcata is a sight to see for sure
I remember sitting in the Aldab pen at Y's, just watching her 2. I have posted before about Dudley, her Sulcata, chasing me. He is 100+, probably about 125 lbs. He looks menacing and when in his pen you'd better keep a eye out. But Bo and So were slow moving and they just acted like giant rocks. I really had sympathy for Y when either tort stayed out past bed time, how do you move a 200 pound rock???????? Dudley
100_5123.JPG

NorCal tortoise guy

5 Year Member
Northern California
I remember sitting in the Aldab pen at Y's, just watching her 2. I have posted before about Dudley, her Sulcata, chasing me. He is 100+, probably about 125 lbs. He looks menacing and when in his pen you'd better keep a eye out. But Bo and So were slow moving and they just acted like giant rocks. I really had sympathy for Y when either tort stayed out past bed time, how do you move a 200 pound rock???????? Dudley
View attachment 317436
Dudley is a good looking tortoise wish I have made it there to see the Aldabras

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
What a lovely thread. Lovely well maintained tortoises. Keep the updates coming. ??