Meet Al'tuin! [Picture heavy]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pittsburgh, PA
As some of you know, I've been here for a few months now, learning as much as I possibly could before welcoming a tortoise into my home.

I fox-sat for a friend of mine for a month, and in payment, he got me this cute little Greek Tortoise. (who was in fact, received in a trade for a pastel ball python) She has a little bit of pyramiding, but I think it is slight, and that she will smooth out very nicely.

She's about 7 months old, and being called a girl as she was evidently "incubated for female".

triptort014.jpg

triptort016.jpg

triptort010.jpg

triptort023.jpg

triptort024.jpg

triptort031.jpg

(How polite of her to let me know her food dish was empty! Heh)

triptort027.jpg

triptort029.jpg

triptort030.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Very nice friend you have :D. Watch that cat, I think he was seeing dinner in that third pic:p:D. Just to let you know, she could still turn out to be a he it's not 100%. I don't know much about that species, but she looks very nice and I love the enclosure. Great job.

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
O, I know that she could be a male! And I do not mind what gender she is one way or the other (in fact, I believe the Al'tuin she's named after is a male), but it certainly beats calling her "it" for the next for years!

And Trinity (the cat) wouldn't hurt a fly. She just gets really curious about things. Granted I would never leave them alone together or anything...that's just tempting fate. :)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
NudistApple said:
O, I know that she could be a male! And I do not mind what gender she is one way or the other (in fact, I believe the Al'tuin she's named after is a male), but it certainly beats calling her "it" for the next for years!

And Trinity (the cat) wouldn't hurt a fly. She just gets really curious about things. Granted I would never leave them alone together or anything...that's just tempting fate. :)

My cat sleeps with my torts but they are bigger than your little guy

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
Congrats, welcome back :tort:
Very nice, i like your setup

M

Maggie Cummings

Cats don't normally care about torts at all. Mine used to sleep with my torts until they got too big for the cats to feel comfortable with the tortoises.

Tccarolina

10 Year Member!
CA
Nobody else wants to know about the "fox sat"?

What kind of fox? I always wanted a gray fox when I was growing up.

Oh, and Al'tuin is a nice looking greek! How did you arrive at her name?

Steve

NudistApple

5 Year Member
Pittsburgh, PA
supremelysteve said:
Nobody else wants to know about the "fox sat"?

What kind of fox? I always wanted a gray fox when I was growing up.

Oh, and Al'tuin is a nice looking greek! How did you arrive at her name?

Steve

Troubles is a Red Fox...I think I have a picture of her somewhere.

0322121715.jpg

She was very playful, and fun, but I do not suggest them as a pet. Especially not an indoor one! They have musk that is exceptionally similar to a skunks, but they emit it all of the time, and it really seeps into your furniture.

Al'tuin is the name of one of the "World Tortoises". He/She was the one that carries four elephants that carry the world on their backs. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.