MBD in a Chameleon

TeamZissou

Location (City and/or State)
Albuquerque, NM
I saw that article
That'd be hard to spot in the wild

If you based the cost of one of these on the size-based system used by the shady guy that you bought the MBD chameleon from, it would only cost pennies! More likely, there's a size inflection point where the smaller you go, the more costly they would be. I imagine this would be the case. :D

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If you based the cost of one of these on the size-based system used by the shady guy that you bought the MBD chameleon from, it would only cost pennies! More likely, there's a size inflection point where the smaller you go, the more costly they would be. I imagine this would be the case. :D
I kept some fishes called FLOWERHORN CICHLIDS.
As they grew, they showed different color morphs until you could get to the size that you could just make out if it would grow to be very colorful. Or a male or a female. And at that size and up the price grew by hundreds of not thousands of dollars.
It's also about that size when they start killing each other. So you end up with 300 fish tanks and just a few premium fish.
As for Chameleons, I do not get it.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
I kept some fishes called FLOWERHORN CICHLIDS.
As they grew, they showed different color morphs until you could get to the size that you could just make out if it would grow to be very colorful. Or a male or a female. And at that size and up the price grew by hundreds of not thousands of dollars.
It's also about that size when they start killing each other. So you end up with 300 fish tanks and just a few premium fish.
As for Chameleons, I do not get it.

well... I have to add my two cents to this conversation.....3D5A5543-CC67-4AE5-BEDE-6676E09631C4.png3D5A5543-CC67-4AE5-BEDE-6676E09631C4.pngA95605E0-C0D3-4755-BA76-4CB1098F289C.png

Attachments

• 17E73406-923E-44D6-96C4-80656F690ED2.png
    17E73406-923E-44D6-96C4-80656F690ED2.png
    190.3 KB · Views: 5

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
The little Panther is eating very well. He's also more and more active. And showing more color, which I'm assuming means he's more comfortable. And in less pain.
I'm hoping that the follow up X Ray's will confirm the increase in bone density to go along with his outward improvements.
I'm not handling him at all since he opens his mouth each time I need to administer his Calcium drops. So the risk of broken bones would be minimized.
He's also become very stable on his vines and perches.
I've been sprinkling Bee Pollen as well as D3 fortified Calcium on his feeders twice a week. Calcium without D3 every day. (My other chams get +D3 once every 10 days to 2 weeks)
The UVB level is steady at 3.0. And his poops look great.
I've also added dusted waxworms to gain some weight.
Stopping MBD takes months. But I'm very pleased with the speed of his mobility, food targeting and stability gains.

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Great job! Such a fragile species.
This is all new to me. And hopefully the last time I'll have to deal with a sickly izard.
And yes. Even if you do everything correct. They are still very difficult to keep.
Some of them like Jacksons are almost impossible for me because of the required night time drop in temperature into the lower 60s.
Panther and Veiled are much easier to keep. But that doesn't make them easy to keep.
Their requirements are very specialized. The equipment is extensive and complex. I don't know why I ever decided to keep them again.

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
Here's the patient after several weeks of medication and correct feeding and lighting.
His tail is still dark from the last blood draw.
I'll be getting a follow up xray soon to compare the bone density improvement.View attachment 319493

There he is!!!!!
There’s my little sweet boy!!!!!
(I mean the LIZARD !? Zeropilot, don’t get your hopes up..you may be nice too but your wife would kill me for lookin’!!!)
I don’t know if I have ever loved a lizard so much in all my life??
Sooo good to see you Jimmy!!
Hope your X-rays come out perfect!!
Keep growing!
Your Dad is doing an AWSOME job!!!!
Kisses from far away!! ????
(Again, FOR THE LIZARD!) ??

Chefdenoel10

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
New Jersey
It's true that I am extremely dedicated to my animals. But I don't think I love any of them.
Except my dog.
But she's familyView attachment 319515

How can they not ALL be family????
If they’re in the house at dinner time...
THATS FAMILY! ?
If you take care of them... THATS FAMILY!
If you spend all that money on cages and lights and plant-like hanggy things....
THAYS FAMILY!!!
If you get bitten by one of them....
THATS .....LUNCH! ?
Can’t believe you made me say that!!! ?
Listen!.. Jimmy is FAMILY!
Love the dog but Jimmy has got “something”.? Spunk?, Charisma?, HE CAN CHANGE COLORS ANY TIME?
What more would you want from a FAMILY member????
And....uuummm... why can the doggie do?
????

(If you say she can change colors, I’m comin’ over to see that one!)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Easy equation- Family = Love but does not equal Like. Real Friends become Family because we like them first then grow to Love them Like Family, but as you mature you learn that some of your Family you do not like!
I can't stand the great majority of my family, actually

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
We have an appointment for next Wednesday the 17th at 10:30 to see Dr. Pardini at BROWARD AVIAN AND EXOTIC.
Hopefully the new Xrays and bloodwork will show a substantial improvement. But ANY improvement would be great as far as I'm concerned

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
We have an appointment for next Wednesday the 17th at 10:30 to see Dr. Pardini at BROWARD AVIAN AND EXOTIC.
Hopefully the new Xrays and bloodwork will show a substantial improvement. But ANY improvement would be great as far as I'm concerned
You have been so attentive and diligent that I can’t imagine there wouldn’t be improvement. Good luck!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dr.Pardini days that his bones have made an 85% improvement!
3 more months of treatment and he can live a relatively normal life.
His bone density is greatly improved.
But the curved leg bones will never straighten.
Fortunately he can around just fine
20210317_104156.jpg20210317_104205.jpg20210317_104011.jpg

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT