Mazuri!!!!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
That is not the "real" Mazuri. Not sure who makes that but it is quite different than the Mazuri 5M21 we all use. The one you are showing is way too high in protein and not designed for tortoises.

Here is the one we use from one source I quickly found on Ebay UK:

Mazuri UK ebay.jpg Mazuri UK ebay2.jpg

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
That is not the "real" Mazuri. Not sure who makes that but it is quite different than the Mazuri 5M21 we all use. The one you are showing is way too high in protein and not designed for tortoises.

Here is the one we use from one source I quickly found on Ebay UK:

View attachment 270480 View attachment 270481
Thanks for your help. What is the name of the sellers account as I'm struggling to find that item?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mazuri makes all sorts of diets for many types of animals. Tortoises, crocodiles, monkeys, kangaroos, etc...

Leaf eater diet is for monkeys.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Mazuri Exotic Animal Nutrition is the US company, sold in Europe as NutraZu

Mazuri Zoo Foods is a different company in Europe, I think based out of UK

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Mazuri Exotic Animal Nutrition is the US company, sold in Europe as NutraZu

Mazuri Zoo Foods is a different company in Europe, I think based out of UK
I think you maybe right there, these are the only things that come up when searching "Mazuri tortoise diet".

Thank you Tom, Mark, Cheryl and jaizei I shall stay on the hunt for mazuri and do a bit of research. I'm not sure whether the Mazuri company ships out of the US, even if they did import prices would probably be expensive!!!

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
I think you maybe right there, these are the only things that come up when searching "Mazuri tortoise diet".

Thank you Tom, Mark, Cheryl and jaizei I shall stay on the hunt for mazuri and do a bit of research. I'm not sure whether the Mazuri company ships out of the US, even if they did import prices would probably be expensive!!!

All the ones that come up on the search I posted are the correct one you want except the first one which is made by Mazuri Zoo Foods. All the others are the regular Mazuri by Purina Mills that we all use.

Mazuri is a registered trademark of Purina Mills. But the Mazuri name cannot be used in Europe as Mazuri Zoo Foods had already liscensed that name there. So Purina Mills has a brand called NutraZu for the same products they sell in the US as Mazuri. We use Mazuri formula 5m21. That is what is in all the other results in the search above. That same formula is sold legally in Europe as NutraZu formula 50J3.

The products on Ebay are the Mazuri 5m21 in the bags that say Mazuri. They are selling them on Ebay but technically a retail store cannot sell it in Europe. There is one that is also the new LS formula shown as well. Most don't like that one as well as the old standard 5m21. Some of the black bags and ziplock bags are people repackaging and selling smaller quantities on Ebay of the Mazuri.

Just buy on that looks like the one in my first post to you above and you are good.