Mazuri - where you buy?

KdeeA

5 Year Member
Does anyone on here still sell Mazuri (the old style, not the LS)? I can only find it in 25lb bags and I need something smaller just to see if my guys will even eat it. They hate the LS.
While I’m at it, is Mazuri ok for desert torts and box turtles? Just want to make sure before I buy this stuff :)

Thanks!

nicoleann2214

Location (City and/or State)
NY
Does anyone on here still sell Mazuri (the old style, not the LS)? I can only find it in 25lb bags and I need something smaller just to see if my guys will even eat it. They hate the LS.
While I’m at it, is Mazuri ok for desert torts and box turtles? Just want to make sure before I buy this stuff :)

Thanks!
I get mine on amazon!

mads3732

Harrington

Thanks!
My small bag was very cheap at petco!!

Skip K

Virginia
Just my two cents. One of the ingredients in Mazuri...both regular and LS...is cane molasses ( sugar ). I prefer Zoomed Grassland or Forest depending on species because I like the ingredients better and it contains no sugar. I was given about 10lbs of Mazuri which I feed occasionally to our rescue boxies but that’s infrequent at best. I believe there are a couple of sellers on eBay where you can buy original Mazuri by the pound

Last edited:

KdeeA

5 Year Member
Just my two cents. One of the ingredients in Mazuri...both regular and LS...is cane molasses ( sugar ). I prefer Zoomed Grassland or Forest depending on species because I like the ingredients better and it contains no sugar. I was given about 10lbs of Mazuri which I feed occasionally to our rescue boxies but that’s infrequent at best. I believe there are a couple of sellers on eBay where you can buy original Mazuri by the pound
Three-toed boxie- so Forest, yes?

Chubbs the tegu

Ma

Thanks!
The link nicoleann gave u is the original

Skip K

Virginia
KdeeA....yes...I would go with the Forest version...but ive mostly used Zoomed Box Turtle diet. My boxies are not particularly choosy. I’ve given them Zoomed Forest, Zoomed Box Turtle, Mazuri...and they will dive into the pond to eat our Central American Wood turtles floating Zoomed Aquatic turtle pellets ( this is only fair cause the Wood turtle will come out of the pond and eat the boxies food). Mostly the boxies and Wood turtle eat fruit and veggie scraps we put out for them. And we have 2 three toed as well in the enclosure.
P.S. no matter what commercial diet I use...I soak it first and make a mash

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.