Mazuri tortoise diet

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NC
How much do you feed the Mazuri tortoise diet and how often? Every day? Or a few times a week? Mine love it.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. Are you feeding hatchling Sully’s or some other type? I used to feed a few pellets weekly as part of an overall feed plan. Greens, grass, dandelions and mazuri along with everything else. When our Sully was a baby, we feed a few ( 2-4) mazuri pellets daily; today I just gave our Sully an entire cup. All gone now.

It’s all part of a mixed, healthy diet.

Good luck!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Have you already purchased the Mazuri?
There are 2 types of tortoise diet. The original "red label" and the newer, easier to find LS type that some tortoises are not fond of.
Feed whatever your tortoise will eat in one sitting.
Place a few pellets in front of him. See how much he eats before he turns and leaves. What is missing is your number.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I feed it to them about once or twice a week. I think it is a good supplement to a grassy, weedy, leafy diet.

Hutsie B

5 Year Member
NC
THanks, they are about 5 inches in size and are not eating hay yet. I feed them collard greens, kale, spring mix, romaine also. I feed the greens first then I feed them about 1/3 cup Mazuri every few days. They would eat it every day if I fed it. As I said, they love it. They come over as soon as I dish it out. They are separated.

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
THanks, they are about 5 inches in size and are not eating hay yet. I feed them collard greens, kale, spring mix, romaine also. I feed the greens first then I feed them about 1/3 cup Mazuri every few days. They would eat it every day if I fed it. As I said, they love it. They come over as soon as I dish it out. They are separated.

It’s definitely candy to them!