Mazuri Mouth

algoroth1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Ponce (24 months) pounces on Mazuri in the rain and makes mush (looking through the mesh cover on his enclosure)

Attachments

• 1404745529845.jpg
    1404745529845.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 59

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So, how is that Manouria working out for you there in Florida? He looks pretty darned healthy in this picture.

747117wei24kafiu.gif

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
So, how is that Manouria working out for you there in Florida? He looks pretty darned healthy in this picture.

747117wei24kafiu.gif
Hi Yvonne! Yep, two years next week and he seems to be doing fine. He's grown like crazy (haven't weighed him in a couple of months but it takes two hands to pick him up now:tort:). His hatchling weight after the first few weeks was 33 grams so he's a long way from sitting in the palm of my hand to living outdoors permanently now. As a retired old codger herp keeper who just wanted to have a tortoise in the yard, I'm there. Great feeling indeed. Hope to keep him healthy and grow him up some more!
So how's your brood doing these days? Any eggs in the "oven"? Take care,
Ron

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Very nice looking Torts. What are the net for? may I ask??

algoroth1

5 Year Member
South Florida
Very nice looking Torts. What are the net for? may I ask??
Thanks bouaboua. If you take a look in the Tortoise Enclosures forum you'll see a thread titled "Inflatable Outdoor Enclosure" that I started. I came up with the idea of using a large inflatable swimming pool as the basis for an enclosure. You can see photos there. The net is my attempt to keep out predators. I've discovered that some baby toads have joined Ponce in the enclosure. I guess they fit through the net;). All the best.