"Maybe I'll just wait here for a bit..."

Wenzer

Location (City and/or State)
JACKSONVILLE, IL
We just came in from sunbathing just a bit ago, mainly because its pretty dang hot today and I don't have a fully-equipped outdoor enclosure yet (only the basics until I get paid again). I was worried she may start overheating even in the shade... my temperature gun was reading upwards of 120-130 Farenheit on any area where the sun was hitting! The shades areas seemed cooler, around 88-95(ish) degrees, but I decided to take her in early...

Anyways, she was getting a bit restless in her outdoor area before I brought her in. I put her in the plastic tub that I've been using to move her around when I have to pick her up (I worried she would get too stressed out by me holding her up in the air where she can see the height) and brought her inside, she was still crawling around restlessly until I picked her up and set her in her water bowl (I only set her there because I feel like she still doesn't realize it's water in the bowl lol... i mean it is a glass pie dish so it could be hard for her to tell... but I keep trying to show her that its there so she can drink when she feels like it, but she also gets soaks of course!).

Well, she was trying to climb away even as I was setting her down, but then her little butt hit the water and I swear I could hear the "Oh... this isn't too shabby" chime in her little head ?
She is still sitting in her water dish, just as chill as can be. Im really getting a kick out of her antics ?

P.S. is it normal behavior for her to occasionally just bob her head up and down a little bit, like she's nodding? It's not fast and crazy like the videos I've seen of males when they're trying to mate a female... it's a lot slower and kind of subtle lol. She seems to do it when I first come into the room to check on her or do something, if she hasn't seen me for a bit. But im not really sure.

20200626_145409.jpg20200626_145345.jpg

nicoleann2214

NY
Hahahah that is to cute. She looks like she is chilling in a pool with her arms hanging over the sides ??? the nodding is them getting air mine does it as well.

Wenzer

JACKSONVILLE, IL
Hahahah that is to cute. She looks like she is chilling in a pool with her arms hanging over the sides ??? the nodding is them getting air mine does it as well.

Ohh okay, that's good to know!
Yeah I thought she looked so funny but adorable the way she hangs her front legs over the side ? I'm curious if she's still soaking... I left the room a little while ago to start some supper...

nicoleann2214

NY
Ohh okay, that's good to know!
Yeah I thought she looked so funny but adorable the way she hangs her front legs over the side ? I'm curious if she's still soaking... I left the room a little while ago to start some supper...
You should get a camera so you can watch her! I have one for mine and I’m always using it. It’s fun to watch them especially when they don’t know because they do some of the funniest things?

Wenzer

JACKSONVILLE, IL
You should get a camera so you can watch her! I have one for mine and I’m always using it. It’s fun to watch them especially when they don’t know because they do some of the funniest things?
I'm definitely going to get one!! I might get a couple actually... one of them would be for my birds whenever I have to leave the house... my macaw is a closet talker but she says some funny stuff ? i also want to see if this little russian girl is as stiry crazy as she seems... I know they are a travelling species that travel a lot every day in the wild, but I think it would be good to keep tabs on just exactly how stir crazy she is getting, especially when I get the rest of her bigger indoor enclosure built... hopefully she doesn't seem so restless once she's in a bigger enclosure. Right now she is only in about 4ft x 4ft indoors, but I try to let her wander outside while I'm standing near her so she maybe doesn't feel too restless afterwards.

nicoleann2214

NY
I'm definitely going to get one!! I might get a couple actually... one of them would be for my birds whenever I have to leave the house... my macaw is a closet talker but she says some funny stuff ? i also want to see if this little russian girl is as stiry crazy as she seems... I know they are a travelling species that travel a lot every day in the wild, but I think it would be good to keep tabs on just exactly how stir crazy she is getting, especially when I get the rest of her bigger indoor enclosure built... hopefully she doesn't seem so restless once she's in a bigger enclosure. Right now she is only in about 4ft x 4ft indoors, but I try to let her wander outside while I'm standing near her so she maybe doesn't feel too restless afterwards.
Ah, gotcha! I’m sure she’ll be able to get all of her energy out once you build the bigger one! It’ll feel good to provide more space as well! :)

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Michigan
Adorable! I love it. ? Russians definitely enjoy their daily walks. I'd love to put a pedometer on mine someday.