Maybe a go plan for this species, at least in the USA.

MichaelaW

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Harlingen, TX
If you don't do it now, there will likely not be another chance. Grab them while you can.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Will. . . did you take advantage of this opportunity?

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
I'm finding 99% RH is still not wet enough. I made the bottom drain both out of the water pan and out of the greater enclosure such that I can flood the whole enclosure, then open a valve and the enclosure will drain, while the water tray stays full. I better see the value of the misting system (not a foger). So in the morning before I put fresh food in I spray them, then their little throats pumping goes way up, I put the new food in and they all look at it, I put them all around it. At least one just starts biting into the pile, the others watch then follow the example.

They do their best to pick out oyster mushrooms, but I notice they fail well enough they get a little bit of everything. Yesterdays food is left alone, and fruit fly maggots wiggle seem to get them excited and they eat that food too. I have to imagine the forest floor where they might live in the wild is a buffet of small insects and the like that are easy pickings. They also some how use magic to make ZooMed aquatic turtle pellets disappear (after ample moistening). I would think these approximate some kind of feces they might eat. Eww.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh. . . I see. Evidently I didn't understand. Glad to see you working with this species.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
If someone else may know of a friend or fellow cheloniophile that is not on TFO and they might want to relate the care I'd appreciate that. It'd be nice to have a record of care parameters used and those which work or don't.

I heard some guy named Bob bought some, and some-other guy named John. Kelly I think you know Bob?? How are his doing?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
If someone else may know of a friend or fellow cheloniophile that is not on TFO and they might want to relate the care I'd appreciate that. It'd be nice to have a record of care parameters used and those which work or don't.

I heard some guy named Bob bought some, and some-other guy named John. Kelly I think you know Bob?? How are his doing?

Not sure on the "Bob". Mine are supposed to be shipped today. I do know the last time I ventured with neonate impressa that the information regarding manouria in general is quite wrong from my findings. I was told to keep them cool, moist and dark. I stopped doing that immediately after losing a couple. They the flourished when I changed the parameters. I think the way your setup is looks quite fantastic and should prove rather successful.

Warm, very moist, and sprits of misting. I've recently been communicating through a friend of mine to some people in Vietnam mountains. They have a local Wild collected impressa. I merely was asking what weather conditions are like in the upper regions in which they live.

It's exactly that, warm, humid, misty in the mornings with a little cool period overnight, which of course will create a fog or most early morning. Variety of any alocasia or coloclasia would imaginably be a choice food offering. Epiprenum (pothos) and monsters plants as well. I have it wild growing up the trees down south. If you'd like I can mail you a clipping of both species. They are generations of clippings from Cambodia so rightfully so a great source of natural items to forage on if they choose. I'm just incredibly thrilled to see a new lineage offered and some rather good keepers/collectors/hobbyists obtaining these.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
4227416525_64426a688a.jpg
?