May need a new name!

Jami

Hi everyone! I introduced you all to Dover and I'm thinking I may need a different name for this little hatchling. I'm not sure what I want to call him/her. I (admittedly) have a weird sense of humor, and I knew I couldn't call him Replacement, so I was saying the goddesses & gods gave me a Do Over, (thanks to Tyler & Sarah of tortoise supply) and the name Dover came out of that. So now I feel like that's not a good name...He/she is precious and such an awesome creature. So I guess I'm still thinking about names.... :rolleyes: You may get a new intro soon! Who's got good Torty names? I've been calling him Torty a lot!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would keep the name. I think it's a cute name and I like the way you came up with it.

Jami

I would keep the name. I think it's a cute name and I like the way you came up with it.
Thank you...I like it too, but was feeling funny about it...that and my hubby started calling him Ben, so put that with Dover, and you've got our sometimes Middle school mentality, lol!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't generally name my rescues that I end up keeping, but I have to sometimes call them something to differentiate, so I call them by the city they came from. I have a Leopard called Cincinatti. I think "Tyler" or if you find out later its female, "Sarah" are both good names.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Jami

I don't generally name my rescues that I end up keeping, but I have to sometimes call them something to differentiate, so I call them by the city they came from. I have a Leopard called Cincinatti. I think "Tyler" or if you find out later its female, "Sarah" are both good names.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif
Ha! That is funny and if he sees this I hope he's laughing! But it's not a bad idea. I was thinking of calling it Vegas or Lucky too...but Dover may stick...

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I specialize in middle school mentality, amanda hugandkiss is a good name, so is ivanna tinkle.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Anita Hug

A friend of mine name her new kitten "I. Felix Posed." (I had to say it aloud several times before I got it!) :)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
I like dover. It has meaning! I named harper because I wanted a name that sounded like harley which was my first tort that I rescued, but had to have put to sleep :( her name to me was a do over as well.

Hgarrity

5 Year Member
I would keep the name! When you told everyone about him and his name the other day, I thought it was cute. It's much better than "Pogo" which is what my kids named mine!

Jami

I like dover. It has meaning! I named harper because I wanted a name that sounded like harley which was my first tort that I rescued, but had to have put to sleep :( her name to me was a do over as well.
It does, yes. My other idea was Oscar...not as original. I'm sorry about your Harley! It sucks when we lose them too soon. Harper is a great name. Dover will probably stay Dover...

Jami

I would keep the name! When you told everyone about him and his name the other day, I thought it was cute. It's much better than "Pogo" which is what my kids named mine!
I like Pogo. It's cute! I do like Dover as a name....

jaredherman

5 Year Member
What i like to do is wait and and get an idea of the little guys personality, and see what names come from that. It took about 3 weeks to name my tort till we finally came up with reggie. :)