Max isn't pooping

haydog_99

Location (City and/or State)
Rocklin, CA
My leapord is now about 15 months and all the sudden he stopped pooping. He was pooping every other day and now it's been 5 days without a poop, I also noticed his weight has stayed steady for about a week, when he usually averages about 6 grams a week. His enclosure temps are Daytime: 83 on the cool side 88 on the hot side and 95 in his basking area, Nighttime temps are kept at 83 throughout the enclosure and the humidity is kept right around 80%. I'm using ZooMed coconut fiber substrate so I assume that wouldn't cause an impaction? The only change is moved away from his Powersun 80 watt bulb and replaced it with a standard 50 watt basking bulb, I use CHE's for heat at night. I haven't replaced his UV source as he gets 30 minutes a day outside time, I started to soak him every day to try and get him to poop, but no luck. He is still eating and he is active during the day, especially while he is outside. Any thoughts?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Continue soaking at least daily. If he gets bored and continually tries to climb out, let him try. It's great exercise and will encourage "movement".

Try giving him extra fiber, and wet foods like opuntia cactus, cucumber.

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
Continue soaking at least daily. If he gets bored and continually tries to climb out, let him try. It's great exercise and will encourage "movement".

Try giving him extra fiber, and wet foods like opuntia cactus, cucumber.
Thanks, he probably walks nonstop for the 30 mins he’s outside.

haydog_99

Rocklin, CA
Well, he pooped today during his outside time, looks like the daily soaks did it. Thanks for your response.