Mating Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richsandwich

5 Year Member
I have 2 musk turtles living together they are about the same age maybe 8-10 months old I would say. Problem is that it seems its mating season an the lager musk turtle is following the smaller one around constantly. It's not following it around to be aggresive it just seems he is showin signs of mating and keeps tryin to mount the smaller one. What do I do about this they seem to young to be doing this. The smaller of the two is digging holes and just sitting on them like a nest. Do I seperate them or just leave them until mating season is over and they go back to there normal behavior?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know anything about musk. However, I would either separate or keep very close eye on them. You don't want the larger one hurting the littler one.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Well...if you don't want them to do the ...turtle dance then separate them..but if not, let them do what they do :D

Anthony P

10 Year Member!
Swamps, bogs, and vernal pools
If you're sure they are the age you think they are, then it's not mating behavior, and I would be very concerned for future aggression. Be careful and keep a good eye on them at the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.