Mating and fighting. Need urgent help!

Mo & Bolt

Location (City and/or State)
Uk
Hello, if you read my post of mo & bolt you will read a similar story . But my 2 were males had lived together for years , I adopted them from family and as soon as they were in a new enclosure mo started to attack bolt , biting his feet , mating him , bashing his shell and even breaking his shell. Bolt stopped eating spent his day trying to escape. This forum told me what was happening. That is tortoises should never live together. I put a barrier across the pen , but still mo would batter that all day and bolt still spent his day not eating and trying to escape . They are now fully separated by miles. Mo has been adopted by my grandson. Bolt is relaxed eats all day , basks in the sun.
I hope your little Shelley heals well. But sadly it does sound as if you are going to have keep them separated for ever.
Good luck

Louise66

Milton Keynes uk
Hello, if you read my post of mo & bolt you will read a similar story . But my 2 were males had lived together for years , I adopted them from family and as soon as they were in a new enclosure mo started to attack bolt , biting his feet , mating him , bashing his shell and even breaking his shell. Bolt stopped eating spent his day trying to escape. This forum told me what was happening. That is tortoises should never live together. I put a barrier across the pen , but still mo would batter that all day and bolt still spent his day not eating and trying to escape . They are now fully separated by miles. Mo has been adopted by my grandson. Bolt is relaxed eats all day , basks in the sun.
I hope your little Shelley heals well. But sadly it does sound as if you are going to have keep them separated for ever.
Good luck

Mo & Bolt

Uk
That's true , but I didn't know that when I adopted them . Also they had been together for years , but when put into a new enclosure " mo " decided he was going to get " bolt " out.
He is now a very happy boy who love to wander round the lawn
Gill