Matilda's Weigh day & I forgot!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
I stayed home yesterday and "worked from home" since I had not fallen asleep the night before. My drive is 92 mls rnd trp and not safe for anyone without sleep. A lot of us know and appreciate "work from home" on days without a lot going on. Heck, I got the laundry done, AC's installed in the garage and power washed my big deck, complete. Then I "died" around 12:30. Took my shower, inspected my work and laz'ed around all day.

Matilda sleeps during the day and gets up around 2-3-4ish for a couple of hours before turning in. I saw her, we chatted...you all know the deal.....I chatted, she stared, she ate, she went to bed.

It didn't dawn on my till this morning as I was getting ready to leave, that I had completely forgotten that the 18th is her weigh-in day. I know weights are tuned to time-of-day so I took out her scale and set it next to her house so I won't forget tonight!

Dang....Fed-ex says I'm getting a new toy today too....it's going to be tough to put down.

lol

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Wow! I remember days that like that! Work nights take a nap and stay up all day! Enjoy but take care you will pay for the play eventually! BTW I can go from park to park from home to work in 8 minutes?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
"BTW I can go from park to park from home to work in 8 minutes"--you suck BD!<LOL>!!!

Actually, I'm happy for those that choose to live close to where they earn. I earn in DC.....and frankly, that ain't happening!

Anyway, I atoned for my sins and got Matilda on the scale yesterday.

Before she pee'd, she weighed 66 grams up from 53 last month, then she proceeded to urinate nearly 10% of her total body weight! She weighed 61 grams afterward! I don't she's suffering from dehydration!!

Not a good pic as she was VERY active....and well, I suck at taking pics as we all know by now.

5-19-21 weigh day.png

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I got back from vac yesterday so I was 2 days late....I try to weigh her on the 18th ea month. No pics today of
Matilda but I have begun her outdoor enclosure so she will soon be able to live and explore a bit outdoors.

Matilda weighed in at a beastly 74 grams....that's right, not one but over TWO OUNCES! LOL

Just began......it is only 3x5feet and 2 deck boards high. Top will be secured with the 1/4"
mesh. Still perusing ideas...but this will be safe and large enough to insert her into an ecosystem if I maintain it till it's self-supporting if I set it up correctly.

Now home1.png