Mata mata turtles...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffypanda17

5 Year Member
I've got a friend that has one. He got him at a local reptile show for $200. But he doesn't take the best care of him.. But the turtle seems perfectly healthy! Seems..

EricIvins

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
I don't know your level of experience with turtles, but mata matas don't do well in captivity, even CB ones. They often die years later for no reason, just a word of warning before you spend 400 plus on a turtle.

This is not true at all........I have raised quite a few 4" Matas to 8" with no issues or problems what so ever........Wild caught Adults are one of the easiest Turtles to acclimate......I've been able to hand feed every Adult that I've had within 2 weeks of bringing them in.......

I have heard plenty about how they do not do well, but have yet to find one person who has experienced this first hand.......

Gerards

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
EricIvins said:
This is not true at all........I have raised quite a few 4" Matas to 8" with no issues or problems what so ever........Wild caught Adults are one of the easiest Turtles to acclimate......I've been able to hand feed every Adult that I've had within 2 weeks of bringing them in.......

I have heard plenty about how they do not do well, but have yet to find one person who has experienced this first hand.......

I agree, they do very well, if given the proper setup. Having a large supply of live fish helps a lot, too.

0e390d08a7653b4f09165f8dbffa68eb_zps715e6e3c.jpg

6acc3ba3480297f3eaccc7d9de28aa43_zps387d8a73.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.