MaryAndTrouble

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi. Has anyone heard from @MaryandTrouble ? Have not seen here around for VERY long. It seems to me that she has left the forum. I tried to send her a PM today, very many times. However, the system would not take her name. Therefore I thought: "This confirms that she's ANOTHER one who has left the forum." Am I correct, here?

Anyone's answer/help wold be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I don't know. For the system not to except a pm to a "handle" I'd think the person would have to somehow remove their "footprint" from the forum completely. I don't know if this is possible. Try a pm again and if you get the same result send one to me. This way you can eliminate the forum "glitch" idea. Also you could try a search for their handle and see if it brings up past posts. If not, is there a chance of a mis-spelling? Although knowing you, I don't really think the last question is very real,(lol). Baxter, and Ava say hi.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I don't know. For the system not to except a pm to a "handle" I'd think the person would have to somehow remove their "footprint" from the forum completely. I don't know if this is possible. Try a pm again and if you get the same result send one to me. This way you can eliminate the forum "glitch" idea. Also you could try a search for their handle and see if it brings up past posts. If not, is there a chance of a mis-spelling? Although knowing you, I don't really think the last question is very real,(lol). Baxter, and Ava say hi.

Hi Ken and many thanks your answer as well as you help.

I've tried a PM, but it just would not work. Don't know why. Moreover, nobody besides you has been of help, I regret to say.

I would not be at all surprised to learn that even she has left this forum.

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Bixby
Hi Ken and many thanks your answer as well as you help.

I've tried a PM, but it just would not work. Don't know why. Moreover, nobody besides you has been of help, I regret to say.

I would not be at all surprised to learn that even she has left this forum.
It shows she hasn't been on the forum since Jan of last year.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It shows she hasn't been on the forum since Jan of last year.
Many thanks your answer.

See what I mean? More than ONE YEAR, plus not being able to send her a PM, I believe confirms that she left.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Does she have an Email listed on her information page?
I've contacted a few x forum members via Email
Not that I know, Ed. I would have tried to contact her by email.

Thanks your post.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
It's strange that this forum bonds some of us.
Nothing strange about it to me. It seems to me that some folks have the staying/bonding knack when it comes to tortoises, and then there are those that see them as a snap pickup pet or as I refer to them, "disposable friends". And those folks treat lots of heart relationships this way. Wow! That was deep…ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489539308.459999.jpgmy Bestest Girl to the end,(warm blooded). Yvonne gets it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Nothing strange about it to me. It seems to me that some folks have the staying/bonding knack when it comes to tortoises, and then there are those that see them as a snap pickup pet or as I refer to them, "disposable friends". And those folks treat lots of heart relationships this way. Wow! That was deep…View attachment 202124my Bestest Girl to the end,(warm blooded). Yvonne gets it.
I Get It too

Attachments

• PART_1489504110744_IMG_20170314_110419.jpg
    PART_1489504110744_IMG_20170314_110419.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 9

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I Get It too
She, (?) is a cutie. Recently I've considered rescuing a Chihuahua type dog for Ava. She was raised with cats and is very gentle, and loves to run and play.
While looking at posted photos on tfo, I like to look in the background of the photo. While doing this with my photo of Ava, I realized she was showing all her signs of being a true Oregon dog. On her back towards her tail you can see that she is still rain soaked from being outside. Ohh the misery for the poor girl…LOL

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
She, (?) is a cutie. Recently I've considered rescuing a Chihuahua type dog for Ava. She was raised with cats and is very gentle, and loves to run and play.
While looking at posted photos on tfo, I like to look in the background of the photo. While doing this with my photo of Ava, I realized she was showing all her signs of being a true Oregon dog. On her back towards her tail you can see that she is still rain soaked from being outside. Ohh the misery for the poor girl…LOL
Be careful.
Suki is super sweet. But a LOT of Chihuahuas are RAT BAST*RDS!

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Be careful.
Suki is super sweet. But a LOT of Chihuahuas are RAT BAST*RDS!
For this I thank you. I've only heard secondhand reports from veterinarians that they typically are the meanest dogs they have to treat. I encounter that often with people that don't know Ava but judge her because she's a Doberman. "Hide the children! It's a DOBERMAN!"
I seem to remember a movie from the 70's titled, "Those Daring Dobermans" and it involved bank robbing Dobermans and the tellers at the banks would just stuff the saddlebags with cash because they were terrified of the dogs.
As a result of misinformation such as that about Dobermans all wanting to kill, is it surprising at all that here on the forum we still have to teach newbies that the sulcata hatchling they just got needs to be set up with moisture, not sand like a desert? I say it's no surprise at all.
Thanks for the firsthand information.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I'm sorry that people come and go when I feel that there was a friendship that was developing.
It's strange that this forum bonds some of us.
There's got to be a reason to make them do so , believe me Ed.