Marginated Tortoise care suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterandwaffl3s

5 Year Member
Hey guys, ive had waffles for a couple weeks now and im noticing him getting more active :D there are just a couple things ive noticed that have me a little concerned.

He kinda has two basking/sleep spots picked out and thats the only places he will bask and sleep, one is in the corner under the uvb and heat light, and one is on the cool side under a climbing bridge. he moves around the enclosure but when he wants to rest or sleep through the night he stays in one of those two places. I notice somedays he is more active than others, i hope thats normal

I give him a pinch of calcium supplement on his food twice a week (thursdays and sundays) and i notice that he isnt as eager to eat his food when the supplement is on

ive also noticed that while he does move around the enclosure, he does seem to spend more time basking.

if any of these seem like a major health or happiness concern, please let me know

jackrat

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamburg,AR
I don't see any major cause for alarm in what you wrote.

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
Everything sounds normal. As far as the calcium, try offering it 24/7 in a small shallow dish of it's own rather than coating the food. My Marginateds eagerly consume it this way. I have also found that they will consume different amounts at different times during their growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.