marbled cherryhead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I am so glad she is doing better. It's a shame when any tortoise dies, but even more so with a beauty like her.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yep. She is a beaut. She ate half of what was offered today. Spring mix and papaya. Here right eye is almost not swollen anymore. She gets another 72hr injection tomorrow. But much better she is. Bacterial pneumonia is tough for chelonians.

I will also be doing a post on why baytril does not work. She is a perfect story to be told. Of the correct medications and methods to get even the almost deceased back to life.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Oh, I'm so glad she's doing much better! I can't to hear about her updates.
Thanks for your post it was very informative.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Just an update on this girl. She is out of the clear. Eating like a champ. Swollen eyes are a thing of the past now. Bacterial cultures are negative. No more pneumonia in lungs. Respiratory infection has subsided. This little beaut was very close to not making it. I have named her Mary Lee from her keeper whom gave to me to revive.

She came to me at 589 grams and is now 667 grams.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Just an Update on this little girl. She has in my opinion survived and is in full recovery. She tested positive for a very nasty virus that is not commonly diagnosed in turtle/tortoise hobby. It has a 100% mortality rate if untreated. But none the less with great Vet help being friends of mine we got her through. She is still in her own quarantine facility. Until 2-3 years of clear negative results testing come back. She will not be placed with any other specimen. So far all negative on her results. But I am not satisfied with that. She eats all on her own, soaks herself, walks around, defecates normally. Just a normal pretty cherryhead now.

awesome seeing her eat by herself. She has also gained 200 grams since I got received her on the death bed.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thanks. Took a while and lots of money on testing. But im very thankful to have Vets for friends. Would of never known what to actually test for to find the root of the problem. She has started to grow smoother too since looking at the older photos.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
What is the nasty virus? How was it detected?Very good job and gorgeous tort!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Awesome job Kelly! She is a stunner, I'm glad that she's still around so that we can all enjoy seeing pics and updates on such an awesome tort!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Bryan said:
Awesome job Kelly! She is a stunner, I'm glad that she's still around so that we can all enjoy seeing pics and updates on such an awesome tort!

Thanks Bryan. I am sure in a few years when she gets the final go ahead to be with a male. As well as more size to her. She will sure produce some nice looking offspring.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Wow, this is an amazing thread for a noob like me. Congrats, Kelly, on a job so well done!
Thank goodness she was passed into the right hands. Is it known where she originated?
Can someone tell me a little about this coloration. This is a most beautiful rf.
Are their others being bred?

Ann from CT

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I do not know where she came from (breeder wise) I can ask Mary Lee. I need to see how her radiated eggs are doing anyways. I know Allegra, JD, and Carl produce some really nice cherry heads that are as pretty if not prettier than her.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
tortadise said:
Bryan said:

Thanks Bryan. I am sure in a few years when she gets the final go ahead to be with a male. As well as more size to her. She will sure produce some nice looking offspring.

I have little doubt that she will produce some tremendous hatchlings, I'm just glad that it's looking more and more like she will get that chance thanks to your efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.