"Marbled" Brazilians for Carl.. cdmay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
Recently Carl commented on the colors of one of my hatchlings.. so I thought maybe we could start a thread showing "Marbled" Brazilians. Everyone welcome to post. Hopefully Carl will show a few of his.

Let's do keep these pics of ones that are in our own collection please!

Earlier this year I acquired these 2.. both males -

6 1/2" SCL.. he is "redder" than the pics show

JRrf.jpg

JR.jpg

This 7 1/2" SCL dude thinks he's just that

BIGJRrf.jpg

BIGJR.jpg

Come on Carl.... show us those beauties of yours.. and everybody else too!!!

NERD

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
TerryO Pio is really a PRIME example of "proper-husbandry".. and he's starting to show his marbling! What's his SCL?

Unfortunately those two weren't 'cared' for properly.. we can only do our best from here.

NERD

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Hookay, first I just have to say that Terry K's tortoise is SO beautiful! How do you get the shell to "shine" like that? Do you use furniture polish?;) Gorgeous!:D

Then, just when I thought I understood that "marbling" was the knobby texture of his head skin, I saw Terryo's photos and realized this could not be so! Is it the lightish zigzag patterns at the edge of the scutes, then?:rolleyes:

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Stephanie Logan said:
Hookay, first I just have to say that Terry K's tortoise is SO beautiful! How do you get the shell to "shine" like that? Do you use furniture polish?;) Gorgeous!:D

Then, just when I thought I understood that "marbling" was the knobby texture of his head skin, I saw Terryo's photos and realized this could not be so! Is it the lightish zigzag patterns at the edge of the scutes, then?:rolleyes:

Stephanie it's a secret ingredient...... water! I clean them with my toothbrush and then dab them with a paper towel ---- it's also a camera trick!

{ I'm gonna have to change my toothpaste brand.... it tastes kinda funny..
36_20_1.gif
}

Yep it's that white/creme between the scutes. They tell me it's desireable.

NERD

Status
Not open for further replies.