Male Russian Tortoise Needs a Home (CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennaL12893

I live in the Hartford county area in CT and have a Russian Tortoise named Maru that needs a forever a home. We're pretty sure it is a male (very long tail) and he is going to be 3 years old this May. I'm becoming more busy lately and I feel bad that I am unable to give him the attention he deserves. I want him to go to a good home that will give him a lot of love and the best life he can possibly have. He is a very sweet and friendly tortoise but can be a little skittish at times. He also has a good appetite (dandelion flowers are his favorite) and he loves cats for some reason lol. No price, just free to a good home. Please message me if you are interested in adopting him :)

a>

a>

Last edited:

Lexiii

Location (City and/or State)
CT
I'm in CT. Does he come with an enclosure? I just spent hundreds getting my other tortoise's home right and cant do it again, lol. I do own my home and have plenty of room.

JennaL12893

I'm in CT. Does he come with an enclosure? I just spent hundreds getting my other tortoise's home right and cant do it again, lol. I do own my home and have plenty of room.
I do have an enclosure that would go with him.

Steve in CT

Connecticut
I live in the Hartford county area in CT and have a Russian Tortoise named Maru that needs a forever a home. We're pretty sure it is a male (very long tail) and he is going to be 3 years old this May. I'm becoming more busy lately and I feel bad that I am unable to give him the attention he deserves. I want him to go to a good home that will give him a lot of love and the best life he can possibly have. He is a very sweet and friendly tortoise but can be a little skittish at times. He also has a good appetite (dandelion flowers are his favorite) and he loves cats for some reason lol. No price, just free to a good home. Please message me if you are interested in adopting him :)

a>

a>

a>

a>
If you still need a home for Maru

a>

a>
I am also in ct and have 6 russians.I would be very happy to offer Maru a home.

Steve in CT

Connecticut
I would be very happy to offer Maru a permanent home with us and would be happy to pick him up at your convenience.

Dylan case

I have a female Russian named Shelly that world love to have a mate. If she is still available. Thank you
Dylan

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I have a female Russian named Shelly that world love to have a mate. If she is still available. Thank you
Dylan
I have to be blunt here: your female would not love to have a mate. She would hate it. He would abuse her and be relentless at demanding sex. It could hurt her or kill her. At the very least it would stress her, and stress and hiding can lead to illness & death. Russian Tortoises can not live in pairs. Even groups don't always work.

If you want another tortoise, they need to live apart. Two completely separate habitats. You could have limited visitation if you want to breed them. They don't pair bond. They compete and bully.

Status
Not open for further replies.