Male Russian Tortoise - Metro Atlanta Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljb

Location (City and/or State)
USA
I have sadly come to the decision that I need to rehome my male russian.

Some info:

Guesstimate of 6 years old, we adopted him a year ago from a not so great home.
Healthy - good weight, clear eyes, nose and back end.

He is starting to slow down for winter but he is incredibly active, used to being outside during the summer and indoors now through spring. He will climb anything, you have been warned!

His beak is a little long but I can have that trimmed down before he goes off to a good home.

He has one issue - he will only eat romaine lettuce. I was one of those that shook their heads at others when they complained they couldn't get their tortoise to eat different food, well karma bit me on the butt with this guy. He was fed solely for 2-3 years on romaine lettuce before we got him and refuses all other food. In the year we have had him the only other things he has eaten was half a grape and a over ripe tiny strawberry.

I am not willing to ship, we live 20 minutes west of Atlanta GA but could drive a reasonable distance for the right home. I am in no hurry, so will wait until the right person comes along.

ljb

Location (City and/or State)
USA
This is a no fee adoption correct?

I was going to charge $20, just to weed out not so great people (I know it doesn't guarantee a good home), but if that is against the rules I will forget the fee. It was more about finding him a good home, rather than any home. He will come with bulbs, light fixtures, bowls etc.

whats his name?
His name is tubby, but he doesn't come to it. He kinda comes to whistling when he feels like it lol, but if you are close to his house he will almost always come to see you.

I did forget to say he is fine with friendly cats.

AsaGarcia03

Hi I would take him in a have a Greek and a sulcata and have room for this guy I'm also in atlanta

Status
Not open for further replies.