Male Russian Tortoise for adoption

Kluebke

Location (City and/or State)
Elk Grove Village, IL
misty.1118
Looking for a new loving home for our Russian tortoise. He comes with cage and all supplies. His name is Misty...the pet store told us it was a girl. We have had Misty for 5 years, but we are moving and can't take him with us. Misty is a wonderful pet...sweet, likes to snuggle and hide in the shoe closet.
The only warning I have is that he will not eat without being hand fed and will only eat steamed veggies. When we purchased him from Petsmart, he didn't eat for 2 weeks. He would eat nothing out of his food bowl and would not eat any lettuce or plants. Eventually we found out that he would willingly eat steamed veggies, but he usually will only eat them if I hand feed him.

Last edited:

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Looks like your tortoise has trained you well. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Are you asking a fee for the tortoise? New members must have made at least 100 posts before they can sell tortoises on the Forum. If you don't want a fee, you can keep the thread in the adoptions section.

Kluebke

Elk Grove Village, IL
Are you asking a fee for the tortoise? New members must have made at least 100 posts before they can sell tortoises on the Forum. If you don't want a fee, you can keep the thread in the adoptions section.
No, everything is free. All I want is a good home for him.