Male Hermanns needs new home

tchick

Location (City and/or State)
Virginia
Hello, I was directed here from reddit. I have a beautiful Hermanns around 3 years old I believe, his name is Mongo. I received him a little over a year ago from a friend and I have been his owner ever since. He has grown a lot recently and is too big for his tank, I know they shouldnt be in tanks anyways, and thats why I would like to rehome him. I am not fit to care for him,, and I will be leaving for college next year as well. I really love him and would love to see him go to someone who can love him more than me. I live in the Southern Virginia area (Norfolk/Virginia Beach), and am willing to travel up to 100 miles out of the area to get him to the right home. Please message me if interested, thanks.

dmilam

North Texas
Very nice, wish I was closer but I’m sure someone from that area will chime in.

dmilam

North Texas
Might be a good idea to post a couple pictures so people can see what you have.

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I will be in Fredericksburg on Saturday and early Sunday. Can you make it there?

tchick

Virginia
I would like to do that but I am unaware as to how, if you could let me know thatd be great

tchick

Virginia
I will be in Fredericksburg on Saturday and early Sunday. Can you make it there?
I work all weekend and am unable to I'm sorry, it is too big a drive for the times I work unless you could do Sunday around 5?

method89

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Malverne, NY
I just looked at google maps, didnt realize how far it was. unfortunately, I will be back in ny by then. Good luck finding him a home.

fancydeer

ky
I'd be interested in taking him. Would you be willing to ship him? I'm in eastern Ky.

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
I live in North Chesterfield, VA. If he is still available could I see pictures of him? Thanks

Tara Stitle

Niles, Ohio
We are in Ohio and are willing to meet you somewhere if your gorgeous little man still needs a loving home? We could possibly drive to you? Let me know if he’s still available. Thank you so much in advance.

Colin the Campbell

Ottawa
and he's the latest member that joined. Hope he's not just coming to get some animals..
Im sorry for disrupting the peace of your forum... I genuinely apologize. Ive been looking for a tortoise to adopt for a while, and dont have the kind of money to purchase. I do intend to surf the forum for education and entertainment purposes, but as for now, i discovered this forum looking for a place to adopt a tortoise so thats what im trying to do. I want to thank all of you guys for being as welcoming and information as you are.

Colin the Campbell

Ottawa
You've posted in 5-6 threads asking for turtles and tortoises....
Cause i doubt any of them would get back to me... Im sorry for coming across like I want to get all the free animals in the world, but what i want is a singular small tortoise that i can care for and enjoy, preferably without having to spend 600 dollars.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
and he's the latest member that joined. Hope he's not just coming to get some animals..
Yea...
Im sorry for disrupting the peace of your forum... I genuinely apologize. Ive been looking for a tortoise to adopt for a while, and dont have the kind of money to purchase. I do intend to surf the forum for education and entertainment purposes, but as for now, i discovered this forum looking for a place to adopt a tortoise so thats what im trying to do. I want to thank all of you guys for being as welcoming and information as you are.
Tortoise keeping isnt cheap... if you don't have the money to buy one it may be best to wait until you can.

JMM

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
Cause i doubt any of them would get back to me... Im sorry for coming across like I want to get all the free animals in the world, but what i want is a singular small tortoise that i can care for and enjoy, preferably without having to spend 600 dollars.
Tortoises are expensive animals to maintain. If you can't afford to purchase a tortoise you likely will be unable to maintain one. Importation is just the first step and getting through the hurdles to get a tortoise into Canada is not easy. I would suggest you look locally--there are often tortoises in shelters and even on sites like our Craigslist that are in need of adoption.