Mahé & Moyenne, my tortoises from the Seychelles

Reptilony

Location (City and/or State)
QC, CAN
I am struggeling a little bit with the temperature in the enclosure of the torts. I use a 80 W bulb that produces heat, visible light and UVB. When I close the enclosure completely it gets too hot inside and the torts hide and dig themselves in the soil. The bulb that I use is not available with a lower wattage. :(
That`s why I don`t close the glas sliding doors in front completely, but when they are not completely closed the humidity in the enclosure drops.:(
I don`t want to set the bulb on a thermostate because when it is often turned on / turned off it will be broken soon.
But I am working on that problem....:) I like to solve problems.;)
What kind of bulb is it? Can it be put on a dimmer?

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Sabine, your babies are adorable!!! I’m pretty sure they will be the ones rolling over for a tickle before long!

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Sabine can you use the rheostat?
Personally I run mine on a dimming thermostat but rheostats I think are better for the closed chamber.

ShirleyTX

Canyon Lake TX USA
Sabine! I have not been on the forum for a few days, so I missed the arrival of the babies. I am so excited for you! An aldabra has always been my dream, but for me it is not a practical dream. So I will happily live my dream through Mahe & Moyenne. What beautiful babies they are. I bet you are getting nothing else done but sitting and watching them, am I right? Please post many videos!

Shirley
0.1.0 Egyptian tortoise

Bee62

Germany
Sabine! I have not been on the forum for a few days, so I missed the arrival of the babies. I am so excited for you! An aldabra has always been my dream, but for me it is not a practical dream. So I will happily live my dream through Mahe & Moyenne. What beautiful babies they are. I bet you are getting nothing else done but sitting and watching them, am I right? Please post many videos!

Shirley
0.1.0 Egyptian tortoise
Hello Shirley, the arrival of the babies you can see and read here:
https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...-from-2-aldabra-tortoise-babies.169044/page-5
I am proud and happy when you can live your dream a little bit with the pics and videos of Ma & Mo.
I will post many pics and videos, I promise.
I love to watch them but I have more pets that need me too. But when I am sitting at my PC I can watch what they do.:):tort::tort::<3:

Bee62

Germany
Todays news: Ma and Mo doing fine. Sleeping, eating, soaking, eating, eating, eating, pooping, sleeping.... ( their day ):D
By the look on this tiny shelled creatures I really can`t imagine that they will get big so soon.

DSCN3911.JPG

DSCN3915.JPG

DSCN3916.JPG