Maggie update

KatieandKyle

5 Year Member
The part of Maggie's family that lives in her geographical area are trying to talk her into getting rid of all her animals to make her life easier. You with animals, understand what a large part of someone's life taking care of animals is. Can you imagine having to get rid of them? Communing with the animals is what keeps us going. Without Bob, where would Maggie's life be?

I know there is probably a tiny bit of poetic license taken when Maggie writes the Bob stories, but there has to be a glimmer of fact first in order for the imagination to spark. Keep writing those stories, Maggie. You need them and so do we.

Oh no, maggie! You cannot get rid of your animals!! They need you as much as you need them! Bob has a gift to care for you as you do him!

It's difficult for people who are not as connected with animals. They struggle to understand that bond and how badly we need it. I cannot put it in words I just know that my eyes swim thinking of not having it.

Be strong Miss Maggie! Your Bob knows and when those times come , when you need that extra push to get through the day, he will come running I'm sure! ;) on the selfish side, we need your thoughts, mentorship and fantastic Bob stories! So, when your feeling up to it, indulge us, and keep them coming! ;)

M

Maggie Cummings

I do use 'some' poetic license to make my Bob stories funnier. But most are backed up with photos if you'll remember. And I don't have a clue how to use photo shop. But to see that big tuff guy be so gentle with me needs no exaggeration. It's incredible to me, and he is so special and different. I often wonder what will become of that unique personality when he moves to Alabama and becomes king of a herd of Sulcata. Will he then revert to being just an 'ordinary' tortoise? So sad to think of losing that part of him that makes him Bob. Will he be that way with Kim? I wonder...
I do understand that the day will come when it is better for him and for me too, for him to go live with Kim. I doubt that I could have picked a better place for him, but I simply cannot imagine my life without him. He fills me up. It will break my heart...

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
It is Bob. Will always be Bob.

Soon as your hand healed. Bob will be Bob. I think I can hear Bob is calling you to go clean his shed.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Oh Maggie. I don't get on here as much as I would like to, so I missed this thread. I can't believe this happened to you. You were just starting to feel a little better too. My prayers are with you as always. Sent you an e-mail.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't know how I missed this thread. I sure hope you get better soon. Wonder Woman you are, still doing all you still have to do, but let's try keeping it at ground level. I was told back when I raised and showed dogs I had to get rid of them as one jumping up on me could kill me. I have a rare blood disease, ITP. Well, I'm still here many years later and it is because of the animals. I don't know how Bob knows you need a gentle touch at times, but some how animals just know.

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
The part of Maggie's family that lives in her geographical area are trying to talk her into getting rid of all her animals to make her life easier. You with animals, understand what a large part of someone's life taking care of animals is. Can you imagine having to get rid of them? Communing with the animals is what keeps us going. Without Bob, where would Maggie's life be?

I know there is probably a tiny bit of poetic license taken when Maggie writes the Bob stories, but there has to be a glimmer of fact first in order for the imagination to spark. Keep writing those stories, Maggie. You need them and so do we.
Thanks for the update and thank heavens for Bob! Hope you feel a lot better real soon.
Your Bob is VERY special. You're lucky to have a special guy in your life with so much personality!