Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I was talking to my sister on the phone yesterday. She told me that they have a new program in her city where Habitat for Humanity comes to your house and helps with repairs, etc. So since she needs a new roof and needs her deck scrubbed and painted (its real slippery and she's old), she signed up.

She received a phone call a few days ago from someone who she thought said she was a newspaper reporter, and they made an appointment for the reporter to come out and interview Maggie about the Habitat for Humanity program.

Come to find out, it was a TV reporter. Maggie is very anal about not having her picture taken. I really wonder how she was able to get through an actual TV interview. At any rate, they were standing on Maggie's front porch (the deck in question) and the camera was rolling, and all of a sudden this reporter's eyes bugged out like cartoon characters eyes and Maggie just knew that this gal must've gotten a glimpse of Bob.

Sure enough, Bob was coming out of his shed. The gal asked if they could go down into the yard and see him. She was amazed to say the least.

So the reporter told Maggie that the segment would be on the 6P news that night. Maggie watched it and said that her part (Maggie's part) on camera was a couple seconds, while Bob made up the remainder of the broadcast!

Bob is still a star, folks. We may not be reading much about him, but he's still a star!!!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Thats awesome. Way to go Bob and Maggie.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using TortForum mobile app

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
Yvonne, would Maggie mind if it was linked?

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I would love to watch that. Oh and isin't that how it always goes....the tortoise steals the show :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jaizei said:
Yvonne, would Maggie mind if it was linked?

Can you find it? I looked but couldn't find it. She is very private and never wanted her picture shown here on the Forum, so, yes, I think she might not like it to be linked. I'll ask her and get back to you.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
As far as I have found the video is not available. There are pictures of them doing some of the work but I didn't see Bob in the pictures.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That's fantastic. That Bob sure knows how to steal the show. Glad Maggie is getting her stuff fixed for her. That's sounds like a great program. Hope all is well with them, sounds like its going good. Let her know we do miss the Maggie and Bob stories:)

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
That's superfine!! I was trying to get my phone to swype awesome but superfine is even better

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Maggie is a star ... but that Bob is a "suppa-stah" baby! I love Habitat for Humanity ... they do good work for good people with good people. : )

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yvonne, Bob's Maggie is your sister?

That sounds cool. If have liked to see the clip too.

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Great story ......thanks for sharing ! .... Do you think Bob would autograph a bag of Mazuri for me?- :p

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
N2TORTS said:
Great story ......thanks for sharing ! .... Do you think Bob would autograph a bag of Mazuri for me?- :p

I bet he would.... with the manure he produces from eating the Mazuri that was in the bag. :D

Team Gomberg said:
Yvonne, Bob's Maggie is your sister?

Yes, don't they seem like sisters to you? :D

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I don't think I've encountered much of Maggie here on the forum. So I didn't know hehe :D

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I'm so glad she's getting some extra help! Not at all surprised that Bob stole the show :)

Status
Not open for further replies.