Madigascar Flat Shelled Spider Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California, central coast
These are just adorable...:) They're on kingsnake for $1400, each. Can anyone tell me (Danny) is this the going price for them? And how are they to keep AND does anyone have any?...thanks..:)

spider.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Here I am :p

That is a bit high. $500 to $800 is about the price range for hatchlings.

CB animals are much easier than WC animals to keep. A set-up thats fine for Spider tortoises is fine for these guys. They are though even more rock like than Spiders and thats saying something :p I'm sure CBs would be a bit more active, but they are usually only active 3 or 4 months out of the year. The rest of the year they sit and don't do anything.
I've had adults, but not CB animals. Tim & Robin have had CB juveniles for about a year now, so they would be better with how CB animals are.

Danny

Tim/Robin

10 Year Member!
As Danny said, they are rather inactive. Ours moved about and ate until around December of last year. They are now just getting active again. They love to go outside to their pen. I would not call it "hibernation" as they still have heat. They just go inactive. Ours are doing fantastic! We LOVE them! I know Robin has posted many photos of them here.

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
California, central coast
Tim/Robin said:
As Danny said, they are rather inactive. Ours moved about and ate until around December of last year. They are now just getting active again. They love to go outside to their pen. I would not call it "hibernation" as they still have heat. They just go inactive. Ours are doing fantastic! We LOVE them! I know Robin has posted many photos of them here.
Thanks for the info..:) Their very cool. I'm definately adding them to my 'wish' list...thanks again..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.