m/c

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

OK, now that Yvonne brought it up first I can tell you that she taught herself how to ride. Then she decided it would be fun if I could ride with her as I was married to a biker for a lot of years... but we rode what in those days was called a basket case. Parts bought from here and there and put together in some manner hoping it would stay together...$500 for all the various parts and we had numerous knuckleheads, panheads and shovelheads...our bikes were 2 wheels, a motor and a Springer front end and that was it. I can't tell you the number of miles I rode a hardtail and my seat was a pillow bungee corded to the back fender, at least I think it was a fender, some piece of metal...any how I have considered myself a biker for 45 years or so but was never interested in riding myself...but riding with the local *HOG* chapter and Yvonne sounded like fun now that I was divorced and had nobody to ride with; so we got the sidecar put on, it was a big beautiful red Classic, probably considered a dresser...anyhow, she sticks me in the sidecar and away we go wheeee!...I have always really trusted Yvonne until she ran me over the first curb, barely missed smacking me into the telephone pole and then she developed some sort of trouble shifting and keeping me in the sidecar off the sidewalk. She got so we could go straight up and down the street but turning left or right was a serious problem, it was beginning to look like these were maneuvers she couldn't manage.
But here we go off on our first HOG run. I got myself all leathered up, and we made it to the rally starting place. Oh, hold on...these people were really straight, I'm used to riding with "bikers" not people who only rode on Sunday if the sun was shining. The people I rode with would pee on you if you closed your eyes for a nap...their Levi's would stand up in a corner by themselves because they *never* got washed. I rode with 1%'ers...These HOG members are motorcycle riders, not bikers.
But I digress...Yvonne didn't seem to understand the rules of the road (especially the rule that tells you to stay between the lines and she couldn't seem to keep me off the sidewalk, away from parked cars and holy cow...look out for that palm tree!!! But I will confess that our laughing did make it hard for her to do what she was supposed to be doing...I think we got about halfway thru the run when we turned around to go home. I think it was cold, and I think her hands were cold and that made it hard to use the brakes and throttle, just using the rear brake with the weight of us and the sidecar wasn't a good idea. So we went home and she put the bike up for sale the next day. So sad...
Anyhow, I'm guessing this is a long boring story just to say Welcome Dave...you have beautiful tortoises and no, you shouldn't keep them together. But any pathogens that they were going to pass have already been passed...I'm interested in some more pictures, we love to see habitat pictures especially...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Maggie and I did a pretty good job of hi-jacking Biker Dave's introduction post, so I split Maggie's reply off onto our own thread. I wasn't sharp enough to put my post first before I split off her post, so her response is before my explanation.

I was able to get my snap shots into my computer, and thought you might all like to see my old motorcycle. These pictures are from about 20 years ago:

hack1.jpg

hack2.jpg

hack3.jpg

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
maggie3fan said:
But I digress...Yvonne didn't seem to understand the rules of the road (especially the rule that tells you to stay between the lines and she couldn't seem to keep me off the sidewalk, away from parked cars and holy cow...look out for that palm tree!!!

hahaha I laughed so hard when I was reading this...
I've always wanted to ride in a sidecar!! But maybe not with Yvonne ;)

M

Maggie Cummings

OMG!!! How fun is that! It is great to see those pictures!

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
maggie3fan said:
. I think it was cold, and I think her hands were cold and that made it hard to use the brakes and throttle, just using the rear brake with the weight of us and the sidecar wasn't a good idea. So we went home and she put the bike up for sale the next day. So sad...

Hahaha, I am guessing that it was a blessing in disguise when you sold that beautiful bike...you may not have been here to tell the tale if you hadn't!;)

So is that Maggie or Yvonne on the bike? It's hard to tell with those big sunglasses!:p

M

Maggie Cummings

That's Yvonne, remember I am the one who doesn't allow pictures... Look at how dark her hair is...she's totally gray now...too kewl to see those pictures...

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
HAHAHAHHAA thanks for the story Maggie !!!! I just love your stories and Yvonne's stories !!!! You had me laughing so hard, I can just totally picture it. And I just LOVE those pics Yvonne, what a funky ride :p

K9KidsLove

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
OMGosh!!! I was laughing so hard. I could just picture you two!
Patsy

Status
Not open for further replies.