Lyle (male ornate)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
ImageUploadedByTortForum1396466670.611450.jpg
Gaging interest here.
I've had this dude since last august and he is simply gorgeous. I have someone interested in him but they would keep him alone, he would never breed.
I'm wondering if any of you boxie people would be interested in him to breed ornates? He's so pretty...seems like he should be spreading his genes and I don't plan to have other boxies. If like to focus on my Leo's. I have plenty more pictures and videos if you'd really like to get a good lol at him.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

http://instagram.com/p/mTH9aJQJ95/

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I would love to have him but I won't be in your area until the second week of June. I have 13 adults (6.7.0) in a big garden. One of my females is an ornate. She breeds like crazy. Most of the babies we get are hers. My other ornates are (3 of them) are all juveniles and we won't know what sex they are far a few more years, but I am guessing they will be females as they were hatched wild in a Texas summer.

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Pensacola, FL
I would love to have him!!! I've been trying to find a male, my last male was stolen from my yard :( At one point in the 90's i had over 60 breeding adults in a half acred cinder block fenced area....i had so many babies every year it was nuts 80-150. But since they are black listed now, it's 5 box turtles per member of household. Here is a pic of my male I had he was awesome!!!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I guess him flashing his penis during his soaks freaks you out a little too much?!? Lol jj
I hope you find a great home for that young stud.

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
diamondbp said:
I guess him flashing his penis during his soaks freaks you out a little too much?!? Lol jj
I hope you find a great home for that young stud.

Hahahaha while that was quite alarming that first time, now I half expect it.
And thank you, I'd really like to see this guy passing on some genes but I really want to focus my time, energy, space, and funds to my Leo's so I wouldn't really want to dedicate myself to finding him some girlfriends and all that. I need to talk to those interested and see what we can so for this handsome boy.

Elohi(Earth)[TURTLE]

Velynda Short

I have a beautiful female that I raised. She is five and can breed this season. I live in north texas. Are you still interested in rehoming him with a female??

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
How is the match making? May he be loved and lives happily ever after.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I def. want some of his offspring, please keep me in mind when/ever he does breed.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Hi again @Elohi Are you still thinking about rehoming this guy? I have a 53 x 23 ft garden that is home to my adult bale. There is a beautiful little Ornate in there that is one heck of a breeder. I would love to introduce the two. I am going to a family retreat on June 13th at Geronimo Creek in Seguine. We will be in San Antonio the 11th until the 13th. Let me know. I would love to give him a good home and maybe meet Number Four and Spots clutch mates. :)

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Hi again @Elohi Are you still thinking about rehoming this guy? I have a 53 x 23 ft garden that is home to my adult bale. There is a beautiful little Ornate in there that is one heck of a breeder. I would love to introduce the two. I am going to a family retreat on June 13th at Geronimo Creek in Seguine. We will be in San Antonio the 11th until the 13th. Let me know. I would love to give him a good home and maybe meet Number Four and Spots clutch mates. :)

If there is any way I could meet you on the 11th then I think this will work out. I have a trip right about that time so is be really busy getting ready. PM me and let's see of we can get it all arranged.

Elohi(Earth)

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
If there is any way I could meet you on the 11th then I think this will work out. I have a trip right about that time so is be really busy getting ready. PM me and let's see of we can get it all arranged.

Elohi(Earth)
I will PM you with the details tomorrow! We will be at a hotel near the Market Square on the 11th. My Uncle, who's garden it is, will be at the retreat that weekend so he can take Lyle straight home to the Garden where he can practice making babies all summer long! :)