Lump on my turtle's leg

Tame_mly

Location (City and/or State)
Singapore
Hi everyone,

My turtle is a pretty old boy but this is the first time I've seen this happen.

While washing his shell recently, I noticed a lump that he has on one of his back left leg. The other leg looks totally normal. He doesn't seem upset or hurt when I gently touched it (cause I wanted to see if it hurts) but I can't seem to find anything on the internet.

I included some images of the leg, it's a little reddish in real life compare to the photos.

thumbnail_IMG_2529.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2532.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Looks like an abscess. If it were my turtle I think I would just leave it alone and see what happens. But wait to hear from other members and see if anyone has any suggestions for you.

Tame_mly

Singapore
Looks like an abscess. If it were my turtle I think I would just leave it alone and see what happens. But wait to hear from other members and see if anyone has any suggestions for you.

Thank you for your reply! I didn't know that turtles could get an abscess on the leg as well. I'll probably leave it alone for a while and if it doesn't go away, I'll probably visit a vet.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Thank you for your reply! I didn't know that turtles could get an abscess on the leg as well. I'll probably leave it alone for a while and if it doesn't go away, I'll probably visit a vet.
An abscess is just a pocket of pus. It can happen anywhere. There may have been a slight injury to that spot that became infected.