Lou ~ Reflections of the first year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bakersfield, California
So today is our 1 year anniversary of having my tortie man LOU. It's been a rough year, but I believe he is happy and healthy, FINALLY. Some of you may not know, but Lou lived in a cardboard box and was fed when she heard him scratching. His skin was so pale and his eyes very, very puffy. He had a dismal life. That's why he is soooooo spoiled now. I really hope he is happy. So without further ado, I give you LOU. I love you LOU!!

This is the day I picked him up.
swolleneyes.jpg

This is Lou when I though he was a girl.
S7305135.jpg

This is his Xray when we first found out he was full of urate stones.
DaisyLouxray.jpg

This is one of the 2 stones that he passed. It was pretty big!
S7305193.jpg

Here is Lou recovering from the stone.
DaisyLounapping.jpg

Lou sleeping in the dirt with Squirt one of the hatchlings.
daisySquirt.jpg

This is when we discovered she was a he! What a shock that was!!
S7305504.jpg

Lou trying to eat the camera!!
S7305462.jpg

Lou and the kitty, we are family!
S7305652.jpg

The basket has a foot, I couldn't find him for about 10 minutes!
S7306732-3.jpg

His first time he ever dug in the dirt, I was so proud, then I filled it up!
S7306686.jpg

Here he is master of his kingdom, enjoying life and hopefully living to the ripe old age of 100!
Lousuntanning.jpg

So Lou, we love you with all our hearts and are so very proud to be lucky enough to be your caretakers!

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Very, very nice story! And great pic's too! Lou is very lucky to have you! Love the last picture, he looks happy as can be. Great job!! :):)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My gosh...has it been a year already? Lou looks great! You've done a wonderful job getting his life back into some semblance of being natural or normal. I especially like the basket picture. (Are you sure he didn't suffer while you ran back into the house for your camera? wink...wink)

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Oh my gosh, a big congrats to Lou for having an amazing caretaker! Lou is such a ham!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks everyone!!! It's been a rough year, with many tears. But all in all I think we are done with all of that!! I am sure as the babies get bigger they will be bugging the daylights out of him!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
YAY.....Lou is rockin and I LOVE the tortoise playing a wicker basket....funny and he is a handsome guy Mary Anne....thanks for sharing him with us...:D

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Angela, I really couldn't find him for about 10 minutes. Then I was like that basket isn't suppose to be there, hey look there is a foot.. That is my baby transport basket. Lou is a sweet guy, definitely a gentle tortie.

Morty the Torty

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
My gosh...has it been a year already? Lou looks great! You've done a wonderful job getting his life back into some semblance of being natural or normal. I especially like the basket picture. (Are you sure he didn't suffer while you ran back into the house for your camera? wink...wink)

lmao! I was thinking the same thing emysemys!!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
emysemys said:

:D

He looks amazing compared to the first pics. You are a good torty mom!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Mary Anne, I remember every one of those pics and all those steps along the way. I love seeing them all together in sequence like this and, man, what a journey. To see him go from such a dismal situation into the exact opposite is just heartwarming frankly. You are a fine tortoise keeper, and a beautiful human being. I'm so happy for Lou and for you too. He looks fantastic now. Great job. I bet he will live to 100 with the excellent care you give him.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Thanks Joy and Tom!! Yes, Tom your are right it has been a journey and one I could not have done on my own without your help, Yvonne, Maggie and many others! Lou was and is a labor of love.

I apologize for leaving my tortie in a dangerous situation whilst I grabbed my camera! I didn't know my backyard had a tortie eating basket loose and was ready to consume him in one giant bite! Thanks for not calling TPS on me! :D *wink back atcha*

Status
Not open for further replies.