LOTSS of Pictures of the Greeks&&Gupta

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Hello everyone!!!! I just went picture crazy with my camera and giving my tortoises a washing. So I thought I would share them :) :)
I hope you enjoy

Here are the Greeks in their enclosure

IMG_5054.jpg

IMG_5061.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5079.jpg

IMG_5080.jpg

IMG_5087.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

IMG_5104.jpg

IMG_5107.jpg

Side note: The Greeks are getting a 4 by 8 tortoise table when I re-do Gupta's table to make it two feet tall.

Here are some of one of the little babies eating. It seems thats pretty much all these little Greeks do is eat and eat and eat. These little buggers individually each eat way more than I thought they would.

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5143.jpg

This Greek I call Dwight (from The Office)
IMG_5149.jpg

IMG_5158.jpg

IMG_5162.jpg

IMG_5165.jpg

The next one don't officially have names but lets call this one Jim

IMG_5171.jpg

IMG_5174.jpg

IMG_5177.jpg

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5189.jpg

...and lets call this one...wait for it..... Michael J Scott!!! lol

IMG_5198.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5214.jpg

IMG_5216.jpg

IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_5228.jpg

Of course Michael would be the one to drop this on me while headed back to the cage...

IMG_5229.jpg

Now no picture thread is complete unless I feature Gupta at least once lol so here he is

IMG_5241.jpg

I have recently purchased two more Sullies from Tom the Roachman to go with Gupta and I am hoping they will be here this coming week as a Christmas present to myself from me. Very exciting about the new arrivals and will have lots of pictures of them to post when they arrive.

:) :tort:

doubletorts

5 Year Member
Beautiful colors on those Greeks, I'm considering getting some one day :)

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
Great pics and really very beautiful Greeks. Love the names!...but I wouldn't be able to resist using the Greek pantheon if I had any :p

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
ShadowRancher said:
Great pics and really very beautiful Greeks. Love the names!...but I wouldn't be able to resist using the Greek pantheon if I had any :p

The only one of those names that is officially is Dwight so if you have any ideas for other ones I would be happy to name them that.

doubletorts said:
Beautiful colors on those Greeks, I'm considering getting some one day :)

I absoultey love mine

lynnedit said:
Very cute pictures and your torts look so healthy!

Thank you !!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :tort:

cyyoung749

5 Year Member
RE: LOTSS of Pictures of the Greeks&&Gupta

BrinnANDGupta said:
Hello everyone!!!! I just went picture crazy with my camera and giving my tortoises a washing. So I thought I would share them :) :)
I hope you enjoy

Here are the Greeks in their enclosure

Side note: The Greeks are getting a 4 by 8 tortoise table when I re-do Gupta's table to make it two feet tall.

Here are some of one of the little babies eating. It seems thats pretty much all these little Greeks do is eat and eat and eat. These little buggers individually each eat way more than I thought they would.

This Greek I call Dwight (from The Office)

The next one don't officially have names but lets call this one Jim

...and lets call this one...wait for it..... Michael J Scott!!! lol

Of course Michael would be the one to drop this on me while headed back to the cage...

Now no picture thread is complete unless I feature Gupta at least once lol so here he is

I have recently purchased two more Sullies from Tom the Roachman to go with Gupta and I am hoping they will be here this coming week as a Christmas present to myself from me. Very exciting about the new arrivals and will have lots of pictures of them to post when they arrive.

:) :tort:

So cute. Such a cutie pie is it ok to soak like that?
Im having trouble soaking in normally way. So if that works im going to try ur way.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I wasn't really soaking them. I was just rinsing them off under some warm water to get tall the calcium powder and dirt and such off. Sometimes I get my squirt bottle and power squirt the stuck on stuff off their shells.
The only way I know to soak them is to put them in a container with high sides that they can't crawl out of and fill it up with warm water to juat a little past the bottom of their shell . You can put them under a bulb to keep the water warm so u can soak them for longer. Be sure it doesn't make the water to warm though and if the bulb can't close enough the water gets cold quick.
I don't soak mine as much as I use to because they hate it and I keep them in such high humidity with a constant water source for them to soak themselves and drink from that I don't find it extremely important. I take them out and give them baths probably two to three times a week where I rinse them off and soak them for maybe ten minutes. I just hate seeing them struggle non stop to get out of their soaks

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Well I'm always a fan of Artemis and Apollo but I think you have a good theme going here with Dwight... Except I would do Dwight, Jim, and Stanley...obviously the three funniest guys in the office ;) :D

Also have to say I'm a bit jealous of your Tom torts ;) can't wait for pics!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
ShadowRancher said:
Well I'm always a fan of Artemis and Apollo but I think you have a good theme going here with Dwight... Except I would do Dwight, Jim, and Stanley...obviously the three funniest guys in the office ;) :D

I really like those names :) Especially Apollo
I just watched Sherlock Holmes (the first one, I just saw the second one in theaters and it was amazing, i mean amazing!) and I want to name something Gladstone after the dog. Dwight, Gladstone, and Apollo... very odd combo of names but I like it a lot.
I also love how they are called "Tom Torts" haha

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
BrinnANDGupta said:
ShadowRancher said:

I really like those names :) Especially Apollo
I just watched Sherlock Holmes (the first one, I just saw the second one in theaters and it was amazing, i mean amazing!) and I want to name something Gladstone after the dog. Dwight, Gladstone, and Apollo... very odd combo of names but I like it a lot.
I also love how they are called "Tom Torts" haha

Hahaha love it! Perfect trio of names, it is my dream to have an English bulldog named Gladstone :)

I went to the midnight showing of the new one with a bunch of my friends and we all had a tiny freakout at the hedgehog stew moment, we had just been loving on/picking a name for my baby hedgie the night before. Great film though!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
ShadowRancher said:
Hahaha love it! Perfect trio of names, it is my dream to have an English bulldog named Gladstone :)

I went to the midnight showing of the new one with a bunch of my friends and we all had a tiny freakout at the hedgehog stew moment, we had just been loving on/picking a name for my baby hedgie the night before. Great film though!

Yea it was !! Best movie I had seen in so long, personally I think the movies of 2011 have been a big bust. I liked it better than the first Sherlock
(Is there a topic for photo threads? I don't wanna go off topic because I know your not suppose to )

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
BrinnANDGupta said:
Yea it was !! Best movie I had seen in so long, personally I think the movies of 2011 have been a big bust. I liked it better than the first Sherlock
(Is there a topic for photo threads? I don't wanna go off topic because I know your not suppose to )

You mean movies? I think any thing goes in the offf topic section and there is a topic for movies/books...I'll meet you over there if you like :)

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
ShadowRancher said:
BrinnANDGupta said:

You mean movies? I think any thing goes in the offf topic section and there is a topic for movies/books...I'll meet you over there if you like :)

Done. I'm starting a thread about SHerlock Movies :)

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
IMG_5181.jpg

I love this photo, looking at the camera with a cute face. Hmmm what's the difference between a Hermann & a Greek? Their shell looks like a Hermann's? :)

Last edited by a moderator:

conservation

10 Year Member!
Love the pics. I have one male Greek living in a large outdoor enclosure(my backyard). I keep wanting to find him a signifigant other, I just never make it around to doing so. I want Greek babies of my own some day :).

Stephen
www.sjpets101.com

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Brinn

So now you have all these torts....and more on the way.... Are the neibors calling you The Crazy Tortoise Lady yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.