lots of pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

moswen

5 Year Member
well, it's breakfast time here in the harnar household! pics of all my torts:

tula, the most picture-hardy of the group (lol, she's been subjected to it for three years now!) and pumpkin is her absolute favorite meal:

tortoise048-1.jpg

tortoise049-1.jpg

and 27 pictures later:

tortoise052-1.jpg

my newest babies, the spiders. it would seem lemon is equally as eager for the pumpkin.

tortoise053-1.jpg

and dr. parnassus, who chose today to have a little pre-prepared meal:

tortoise054.jpg

i have as of yet not been able to get one of those cute little pictures of them with their mouths open and chowing down. the second they see me come in they just watch me watching them. occasionally i can catch lemon stomping around and she may not notice me if i'm quiet, but usually i just get the "what are you staring at, huge giant ogre face?"

and my forever and always babies, here's ayana, stuffing her face as usual and not even pretending to be interested in me:

tortoise055.jpg

moswen, the giant mouth perparing to devour all!!!!!! run away!!! be afraid!!! he's ccccoooommmmmmiiiinnnnnggggggg!!!!!!!

tortoise057.jpg

and when i'm done taking everyone's pictures, he's still there:

tortoise060.jpg

and my little safina, hiding under some food! (she's taken to doing this lately i haven't understood why yet)

tortoise058.jpg

so i put her by some pumpkin and she became interested:

tortoise059.jpg

the end! i know this has already been covered lol but I LOVE MY TORTS!!!

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Awesome pictures! I was hungry for pumpkin this morning too, so I had a pumpkin scone. Mmmmm ("huge giant ogre face" hahahahahahah)

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Great Pics, My yellowfoot wont eat if i'm around unless I hand feed her, she will eat everything out of my hand or wait till I leave to eat, Think she's spoiled?

moswen

5 Year Member
lol, that sounds like my tula. she'll chase my daughter down when she sees her bc my daughter hand feeds her one piece of food at a time almost every morning. spoiled little torts!

edna-- i LOVE me some pumpkin muffins from panera bread...! seems we have more in common to our torts than we think... ;)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
TortyQueen said:
so I had a pumpkin scone. Mmmmm ("huge giant ogre face" hahahahahahah)
Sounds like that might be good!

Those are some very nice pictures and very nice tortoises in them!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey! I freakin' love YOUR torts too!

Nice pics.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Is # 4 a spider tortoise?
I'm starting to like these types!

moswen

5 Year Member
Neal Butler said:

oh yes, lemon and dr. parnassus are spider torts. i do love them! i ultimately chose them over radiateds (they are very similar looking, and both from madigascar) because spiders have very small space requirements, and as adults they only get 5-6" scl. i bought these two from tim/robin, who told me they were 1" scl when they hatched! very tiny species, which is a big deal for me becuase of my sulcatas. and beautiful to boot!

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Cool, Madagascar is like the holy land for beautiful tortoises, you're pictures have inspired a future project of mine. Thanks for sharing!

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
moswen said:
Neal Butler said:

oh yes, lemon and dr. parnassus are spider torts. i do love them! i ultimately chose them over radiateds (they are very similar looking, and both from madigascar) because spiders have very small space requirements, and as adults they only get 5-6" scl. i bought these two from tim/robin, who told me they were 1" scl when they hatched! very tiny species, which is a big deal for me becuase of my sulcatas. and beautiful to boot!

Good choice! Though I chose to go the radiated way! Spiders are nice because they are rare, beautiful, & unique tortoises. I still tinker with the idea of getting a few to raise up with my radiateds.

Status
Not open for further replies.